Search for content in message boards

Amanda Nave/Neff

Amanda Nave/Neff

Posted: 26 Oct 2002 11:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 May 2004 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: Neff Nave
Interested in any information concerning Amanda Nave/Neff b.abt 1868 in Missouri, probably Gentry Co. Father was Adam Nave, Mother was Elizabeth Luthultz. Looks like the last name changed to Neff in this generation.

Re: Amanda Nave/Neff

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 2:26PM GMT
I have found some information regarding an Eliza Lutholtz marrying a Neff. As far as I can tell, Elizabeth Lutholtz married Wilson/William Morris and had 3 children, until he went on to a second marriage. For parentage, I believe the father of Eliza and Elizabeth was Isaac Lutholtz. He can be dound in the 1850/1870 census in Henry County, Indiana. Good luck!

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 3:41PM GMT
Thanks, I have Isaac and wife Mary Pauline Minnick as the parents in Henry County. I don't have Eliza as one of their children. I have Jacob, Elizabeth Ann, Uriah and Mariah. Guess I need to do some more looking. Amanda is my great grandmother. She totally disappears at a young age

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 5:02PM GMT
Yes, that is the correct parentage. In the 1850 Census (page 13) in Henry County, IN the family is listed as such:
Isaac Lutholtz, HoH age 39
Mary age 42
Jacob age 17
Isaac (Jr) age 16
Sally age 14
Elizabeth age 11
Eliza Ann age 9
Joshua age 8
Mary C age 7
Matthias (Matthew?)age 2
Uriah <1
Mariah is born 2 years later and doesn't show up until the 1860 census.

This is repeated on future census. I did some research on Eliza Ann thinking it was my Elizabeth, until I realized they were 2 different people. I believe Eliza is the one you are looking for. She married Adam Neff on 27 Dec 1855 in Henry County, IN. Here is a link to the marriage record:

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?rank=1&new=1&...
Hope this helps!

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Layman, Neff
Thanks to your input triggering me to do some more searching, I finally found Amanda. She married a James Layman in Gomer, MO in 1891, had 3 children by him and was out of his life at least 3 years before the 1910 census. He was then married to a Blanche and already had a 2 yr old daughter with her. Have found no indication as to whether she died or divorced.

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 11:52PM GMT
Well, good luck and keep on truckin! The information is out there...the hard part is finding it :)

Glad I could help!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.