Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendents

Looking for descendents

Kathy Wares (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waugh, Frater, Aitken
Looking for descendants of William waugh & Jane Noble. William was a shepherd in Sutherland 1800s and his descnedants include Fraters and Aitkens.

Waugh in Sutherland

Christine Stokes (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Waugh, Murray
As Waugh is not a native Sutherland name it is quite likely that there was only one original family brought into the county as shepherds. I have a reference in my book Murray Families of Sutherland on an Isabella Waugh, born 1846 at Achness who married David Murray in 1870. if she is part of your Waugh family I will send you the reference by email.
Let me know?
Christine

Aitken

Andrea (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Aitken, Grant
Hi,
I don't know if this would be of any realtionship but I have noted a Susuan Aitken of New Brunswick, Canada who married John Grant (he was born in 1822 Lunenburg ,NS) migrated through Eastport ,ME in 1848 and settled in the Boston,MA area, they had at least 2 children ; Walter C. Grant and Jeanette A. Grant . Apparently Susan died at a young age.I have dates but not at hand.
and I have nothing more on her . I have been trying to locate her parents with no avail.

Best Wishes ,
Andrea
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.