Search for content in message boards

Balderson family from Lincolnshire

Balderson family from Lincolnshire

Nick Balderson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Balderson
I am interested in hearing about any Balderson family members originating from Lincolnshire. My grandfather was Thomas Balderson 1889 to 1917.

Re: Balderson family from Lincolnshire

Posted: 25 Mar 2002 8:51AM GMT
hi there, i am also researching the balderson, balderstone family from lincolnshire. app both spellings r from the same fam, there was a falling out with two bros so one changed his name a bit. foll info that i have
William and Sarah
iss Eliz born 1807
John born 1808
benj born 1812 he marr lucy ? had two sons benj and will, she died, he then marr martha ann torgoose they had 4 children, catherine, john, martha ann and will, if any of this infor is pertaining to your family would love to swap info with u

Chris (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2002 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Balderson, Bevington
I am living in Telford.
I am 13.
Have you any info on ancestors and do you think we are related?

nick balderson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2002 11:09PM GMT
Yes I think we are related !!

Posted: 13 Feb 2003 1:23AM GMT
Hello Nick, My great grandmother was Mary Ann Balderson, born ??1828/1841 in Crowland Lincolnshire. Her parents were Richard Balderson b. 29.7.1784/6 and Sarah Goodwin. Richards parents were Thomas Balderson c. 1734 and Rachel King. Thomas' parents were Thomas Balderson and Mary, ???Sickling
Any connections? Judith in Australia.

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Bates Torgoose
Hi, I am researching the Bates family tree in Lincolnshire. My father Alan Bates was born in 1912 his mother's name was Kate Torgoose any connection to your Catherine Torgoose? By my calculations she was born about the same time and from the same area. She married Henry Bates in the early 1900,s? I think they owned or lived on a farm in the Frisknet area of Lincolnshire.

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Bates Torgoose
Hi, I am researching the Bates family tree Lincolnshire. My father's name was Alan Bates, born 1912 in Spilsby - his mother's name was Kate Torgoose. She married Henry Bates, they lived in the Friskney area and had a farm. I wonder if Kate Torgoose and Catherine Torgoose are connected ie Catherine shortened to Kate?

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 5:53AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Balderson, King, Fassett, Goodwin
I have also been doing some family research and have the same Balderson, Goodwin, King, Fasset connection you have.
There were many children in the family of Rachel and Thomas. I am related to the son Richard. He had 10 children, and I am related to the son Thomas (married Mary Ann Fassett). Their child Robert came to the US in the late 1890's and lived in Wisconsin and Chicago. Each generation listed names on birth records from Crowland, and were all from areas near Crowland and Whaplode, Lincolnshire. (Crowland parish records are available to rent for about $8 US at the Mormon Family History Library if you want to see it for yourself)
There are no living Balderson's (by family name)from this family line, since Robert's daughter was my grandmother.
She married into a family from another european country, so the name has been lost. My grandmother's brothers and sisters either didn't survive to adulthood or didn't marry or have children. Alas, no more Baldersons in this line.
I live in Texas now. (24 Oct 1836 is Mary Ann Balderson's actual christening date pulled from the records)(Sarah Goodwin was born 1794, Richard born 1784; Thomas Balderson was married in 1783 and died in 1808--his wife was named Rachel King as far as we can tell.)That is the extent of my search on this family, but it seems we are distant cousins also. Many times removed!

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 5:53AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Balderson, King, Fassett, Goodwin
I have also been doing some family research and have the same Balderson, Goodwin, King, Fasset connection you have.
There were many children in the family of Rachel and Thomas. I am related to the son Richard. He had 10 children, and I am related to the son Thomas (married Mary Ann Fassett). Their child Robert came to the US in the late 1890's and lived in Wisconsin and Chicago. Each generation listed names on birth records from Crowland, and were all from areas near Crowland and Whaplode, Lincolnshire. (Crowland parish records are available to rent for about $8 US at the Mormon Family History Library if you want to see it for yourself)
There are no living Balderson's (by family name)from this family line, since Robert's daughter was my grandmother.
She married into a family from another european country, so the name has been lost. My grandmother's brothers and sisters either didn't survive to adulthood or didn't marry or have children. Alas, no more Baldersons in this line.
I live in Texas now. (24 Oct 1836 is Mary Ann Balderson's actual christening date pulled from the records)(Sarah Goodwin was born 1794, Richard born 1784; Thomas Balderson was married in 1783 and died in 1808--his wife was named Rachel King as far as we can tell.)That is the extent of my search on this family, but it seems we are distant cousins also. Many times removed!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.