Classification: Query
Surnames: STINSON - STRINGFELLOW
I am still seeking information to confirm the following:

Robert Stinson of Redough, Scotland
....James Stinson
........John Stinson
...........Andrew Stinson, b. abt 1792
..............+Elizabeth Stringfellow b. abt 1791, m. 1811 Chester Dist. SC

I have listing of Andrew and Elizabeth's children but need confirmation of parents.

Re: Andrew Stinson, Chester SC

Vivian Stinson Carraway (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2004 3:54PM GMT
Mildred - I, too, am of the same Stinson clan and would love to get some information on Robert Stinson from Scotland/Ireland. I just can't seem to get a foothold on him to go further. I contacted a Mrs A.Moschogisnis of Carson Cuty, Nevada by e-mail about her line of Stinson's trying to tie into that line somewhere, but haven't been able to as yet. I still have in my possession a hand written lettter from her back in 2001, She had a James in her family that she says may be a brother to John from Ireland in 1718. Nothing concrete though. She says she thinks they landed at Woolrich, Maine. See if you have anything on that and Let me know. Vivian Stinson Carraway

Mildred Stinson Brown (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2005 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Stinson/Burkett/Stringfellow
My email address has changed from AOL. You can contact me at dixiehumminbird@earthlink.net.

I have learned that Elizabeth Stringfellow was the daughter of Reuben Stringfellow.

Also, that Andrew and Elizabeth's son, Leander was married to Nancy Burkett, not Nancy Lynn Pinkerton.

Posted: 5 Sep 2008 3:09PM GMT
Andrew must me related somehow to William Stinson that left a Will in Chester SC. According to records in Chester they would reside in the far South East corner of the county. I find a Stinsen Mill in that region of Chester.

Posted: 14 Aug 2009 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: STINSON/STRINGFELLOW
I would be imterested in any info you might have on the Stinson Mill. I have heard mention of a Stinson Mill in association with my Stinsons. Supposedly they migrated to Butler Co., AL from the Columbus area. The name has also been found spelled Stenson.

I believe that Andrew's mother could have been named Cooper. This is based on the fact that he has a grandson named John Andrew Cooper Stinson. It is possible that Andrew was really John Andrew since his father is supposed to be John Stinson.

My email has changed to oilfieldchild@aol.com Any info would help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.