Search for content in message boards

Funeral of Patrick Hickey 28 Jan 1893 Scranton PA

Funeral of Patrick Hickey 28 Jan 1893 Scranton PA

Edward B. Godwin (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Hickey, Troy, Whelan, Donnelly, Fern, Maloney, Pollard
from "Scranton Republican": "The funeral of Mr. Patrick Hickey was attended largely yesterday morning. Rev Father O'Reilly celebrated the requiem mass at St. Peter's Cathedral and interment was made in the Hyde Park Catholic Cemetery. The pall bearers were Messrs. John Troy, Patrick Whelan, William Donnelly, Martin Fern, Thomas Maloney and Richard Pollard."

Re: Funeral of Patrick Hickey 28 Jan 1893 Scranton PA

James b.Hickey (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2002 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
hi my name is james b. Hickey my grand father was a onther patrick Hickey born in 1888 and died in 1953 in mayfield pa.but his father was clifton thomas Hickey who was born in ireland and was married to bridgett buckleyalso of ireland if you or someone of your any information please let me know at popHick0453@aol.com my name is Jimmy Hickey.ok thanks byefor now.

Re: Funeral of Patrick Hickey 28 Jan 1893 Scranton PA

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Death
Edited: 8 Sep 2002 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Hickey
I have been posting names I run across while doing my own research. I suppose you have checked the database of the city directories of Scranton. There was no Cliff or Thomas, but both a James and Patrick at 513 Pittston Ave. If I run across the name in my review of the newspapers, rest assured I will post it.

PA-LackawanaCo, Hickey,Meehan,Clarke,Olehaus,Mc Fadden,Burke,Revels,Foley,

Posted: 24 Jan 2003 4:56AM GMT
Jimmy,
I believe we have a connection. My gr gr grandmother was Mary (Hickey) Meehan. James and Mary(Hickey) Meehan lived on Penn.Ave in Mayfield PA. They were married in St Thomas Aquinas Church in Archibald.Jan 1st 1877
They had Thomas b. 1881-1918 (m Ann Mc Fadden), 2 children Ann re-married a Mr Olehaus or Olhouse.
Daniel b. 1877 (m Nora Burke)1 child deceased at birth
Mary b. 1882 ?
Charles C.b. 1893,(my gr Father)(m Genevieve Clark(e) 2 Sons
Margaret b.1895 (m Thomas Dougher) 2 Daughters (m) Gibbons & Kolebuck .
Johanna b.1897 (m John Revels) 1 daughter(m Galagher,living Carbondale
Bridget b.1885,d 1973 (m?)
Winifred b.1884-1970 (m ?)
Helen (m Wesley Rodgers )
Mary Hickey Meehan, was born in PA June 1862 .Acording to census records, passed away after 1910. She is not listed on the 1920 Census.She had a sister Mame or Mamie who had a child Jack Foley.
My Dad who is still living (80yrs old ) born in Carbondale,Said that there were a mess of Hickeys living down the road from his grandparents house in Mayfield in the 1940's -50's.Guess Gr GR Grandpa married the girl down the road!!!!
Perhaps Clifton Thomas Hickey was my Mary's (b.1862) Brother?
and your Patrick (b.1888) would have been her nephew? Please let me know what other information you have !
You are the first Hickey contact I have come across in Mayfield PA. I just know we are related some way !
Maggie

Please contact me at mejohnson518@yahoo.com Thanks !

Re: PA-LackawanaCo, Hickey,Meehan,Clarke,Olehaus,Mc Fadden,Burke,Revels,Foley,

jimmy Hickey (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2003 11:23PM GMT
hi maggie i am so glad that i heard from some of my long lost cousins, and yes my gr grand father had a sister name mary from mayfield pa.i think that maybe you are third or fourth cousin , ia mm trying to find out what my gr gand father's mother's maiden name was? do you know what it is? i was told that maybe it was o' brian but don't quote me ok.i live near forest city pa. in uniondale pa. its in susquehanna county oh its about 15 miles to carbondale pa.i think that you know were that is.bye for now jimmy Hickey your cousin. i will email you at yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.