Search for content in message boards

Edlesborough District 1600

Edlesborough District 1600

Liz Bickerstaff (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ginger, Fowler, Stanbridge, Coleman, Rodons, Rodens, Rhodous, Bruton
GINGER CONNECTIONS! Ginger family from 1600 in Edlesborough - any fellow researchers?

Re: Ginger Family

Andrew Honeyfield (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2002 8:43PM GMT
I am also researching my Ginger ancestors. My great, great grandfather was John George Ginger (b.1784-d.1857) who married a Miss Stanley. Their son, George Ginger (b.1805-d.1888NZ) emigrated to New Zealand. Are these connected with your own Gingers?
Cheers,
Andrew Honeyfield
Te Aroha
New Zealand

Re: Edlesborough District 1600

chris moore (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2005 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: ginger
I am also reseraching Ginger family from Edlesborough.Looking for family of Orpah Ginger b.1848

Posted: 11 Jul 2007 4:27PM GMT
My mother is a ginger whos great grand father was born in east barnett and great,great grandfather in south mimms.

One thing is for certain is that virtualy all of the about 620 people who have currently got the second name 'ginger in the uk will be related.There is probably only half a dozen or so who wont be.

Tim Stephenson

Tim@MsnSport.com
MnsSport@Tiscali.co.uk

Posted: 7 Nov 2007 3:32PM GMT
Tim, I am researching the Gingers and have got back to about 1650 ish to John in bucks uk. I am visiting the uk next week and aylesbury records office to see if I can find any direct links to earlier gingers. You mention 620 gingers are probably related. How can you be so sure. I think we maybe of saxon origen and links back to germany. Have you any further info on our ancestors. I would be happy to share what I have. so far and any new info following my uk visit.

Regards

Graham Ginger
spain

Posted: 6 Dec 2007 8:26PM GMT
Most of the gingers were all living in the same part of the uk originally and still do today, hertfrdshire,middlesex, bedfordshire,and buckinghamshire and in london aswell later on.
The easy thing about the ginger name is there are much fewer to research than a regular surname.
I know there are a handful of them out in mid europe but it is possible that their parents on were originally fom the uk aswel, and obviously in America. Researech is easy to do with a wealth of informatiomn available but you have to be very thoruogh in yur research because a great many of the male names are repeated so you need to be very careful, you can easily get back to 1500's but matching records and dates is tedoius work because of repeating family first names on the male side.John,william,herbert.thomas are very popular.

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Ginger
HI Graham,
I'm just looking for others reasearching the Gingers in the UK...I have my line going back to app 1800 (and then to c 1545), but only reliable to 1800 as William Anstee Ginger has no father recoreded in the records after this I am on best match - would be happy to share details - ngingern@gmail.com

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.