Search for content in message boards

FRANKLIN COUNTY NC

FRANKLIN COUNTY NC

Posted: 27 Dec 2000 3:52AM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2003 1:56AM GMT
Looking for any descendents of the following names. COOKE, SPIVEY, GREEN, GALES, EDGERTON/EGERTON, CLIFTON, PERRY, DUNSTON, YOUNG and HARRIS. The children of my grt-grandparent's Nathan COOK and Julia SPIVEY married into these families.

Possible Edgerton-Egerton ties in Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio.

Yurey Swearingen-Gholston (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 11:54PM GMT
Hello, Mrs. Bouroughs, My name is Yurey Swearingen-Gholston. I am helping a person who could be your relative look up the Edgerton/Egerton-Neal Family History. The person who I am helping is Mattie Belle Neal-Culbreath she was born in Henderson, North Carolina. Her parents where James "Edward" Neal (Aka. Edward/Eddie Neal) and Marie Edgerton Neal (Aka. Mariah Egerton). Both of Mattie's parents were born in East Franklinton, Franklin County, North Carolina. They had two other children Robert Lee Neal and Mary Elizabeth Neal. Mariah's parents where Henry Lewis Edgerton/Egerton and Mary Elizabeth Byington.
James parents were William and Readie Neal. I have been doing a Census research on the Egerton/Edgerton-Neal tree for a few months now and when I looked at the Census, I notice some of the surnames you mentioned. I notice that they are related and I believe that you and Mattie could be related. She is so anxious and so am I as far as finding more out about the family. So if you have some information please let us know. My E-mail address is www.ladymuka84@hotmail.com" target="_blank">www.ladymuka84@hotmail.com. If you can't reach me there please leave messages on this website Ancestry.com, because I check for responses periodically.

Sincerely,
Yurey Swearingen-Gholston

Possible Edgerton-Egerton ties in Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio.

Yurey Swearingen-Gholston (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 11:57PM GMT
Hello, Mrs. Bouroughs, My name is Yurey Swearingen-Gholston. I am helping a person who could be your relative look up the Edgerton/Egerton-Neal Family History. The person who I am helping is Mattie Belle Neal-Culbreath she was born in Henderson, North Carolina. Her parents where James "Edward" Neal (Aka. Edward/Eddie Neal) and Marie Edgerton Neal (Aka. Mariah Egerton). Both of Mattie's parents were born in East Franklinton, Franklin County, North Carolina. They had two other children Robert Lee Neal and Mary Elizabeth Neal. Mariah's parents where Henry Lewis Edgerton/Egerton and Mary Elizabeth Byington.
James parents were William and Readie Neal. I have been doing a Census research on the Egerton/Edgerton-Neal tree for a few months now and when I looked at the Census, I notice some of the surnames you mentioned. I notice that they are related and I believe that you and Mattie could be related. She is so anxious and so am I as far as finding more out about the family. So if you have some information please let us know. My E-mail address is www.ladymuka84@hotmail.com" target="_blank">www.ladymuka84@hotmail.com. If you can't reach me there please leave messages on this website Ancestry.com, because I check for responses periodically.

Sincerely,

Edgerton/Egerton -Neal Tree

Yurey Yanna Swearingen-Gholston (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 8:42AM GMT
Dear Mrs. Bouroughs, there is one more fact that I forgot to mention on the last E-mail.
Marie(Mariah) Edgerton-Neal and Edward (Eddie) Neal settled in Steubenville, Ohio from North Carolina in 1926. This might give you more of a clue on who I may talk about.
Also, Mattie married a Arthur Culbreath and they do have children. Her sister Mary is still living, and their brother Robert died in Albany, New York on August 21, 1996 he did have a wife and children so you are more and likely to have reletives in Albany, New York. Thats if you and Mattie are really connected which I think you are most definately possibly are.

Sincerely,

Re: Possible Edgerton-Egerton ties in Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio.

Linda Hampton (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe the individual you are researching her history is my aunt and my grandfather's half sister.

The Culbreaths, Minniefields, Mosley, Treadways of Steubenville, Ohio would be related to her. If so, please contact me at my email address.

Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.