Search for content in message boards

Diorec; Carcar, Cebu

Diorec; Carcar, Cebu

Posted: 10 May 2002 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
My father is Jose Racasa Diorec. His parents are: Juan Maguiran Diorec, Sr. and Alphonsa Racasa. His brothes and sisters are: Garbino, Juan, Petra D. Lapera, Anastacia, Gervacio, Severino, Leonarda D. Palac, Simplico, Barcelesa D. Sayab, Cipirino, and Lucio.

Re: Diorec; Carcar, Cebu

Posted: 12 May 2002 1:27AM GMT
I was just curious, would you be related to the Diorec family in Hawai'i? I know my classmate is a Diorec and we grew up on the island of Molokai. I think their family was on Molokai for awhile, but not sure.

Posted: 13 May 2002 4:06PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 6:29AM GMT
Yes, Kalani, you were a classmate of my niece, Trina. Her father, Tony, and I are brothers. I know your ohana.. Mondoys, Colotarios, Dumags, etc.

Posted: 13 May 2002 4:10PM GMT
Aloha e Allen,

I wonder if Trina mentioned you before. She stayed w/ me a couple of times when she came up to L.A.

In any case, I think after I showed her that little family book I made she told me how she never realized I was related to the Dumags, the Colotarios, etc. I think I recall her saying her Filipino side were Visayans but I had no idea it would be Carcar, not too far from where my grandma was from in Argao, Cebu. Interesting.

Did the diorec family come from Lahaina like some other families including my own? Or did they migrate from O'ahu to Molo.?

Posted: 17 Oct 2002 5:56PM GMT
Hi, Kalani

My dad first worked at the Kahuku Sugar Mill. He worked at other jobs,i.e. interpreter for the city of Honolulu, pineapple plantation worker on Lanai, and then moved to Maui where he married my mom, Lucy Ku, in Kipahulu, Maui. My Ku (aka Kuku, Kekuku) ohana is originally from Pauwela, Haiku, Kipahulu, and Hana Maui. My grandmother, Maria Kaaipuni Moiha, is from Kipahulu.

I've just returned from a trip to Las Vegas last weekend and saw your cousin Leroy Dumag. His sister, Tina, and I where classmates from K-8 at Holomua, she attended Lanai High from 9-10. She then returned to finish at Molokai High. I am also a classmate of your cousin, Debbie Colotario. So, you see I do know your cousins well.

Posted: 17 Oct 2002 6:38PM GMT
hey allen,

I asked uncle Leroy about which DIOREC he had in his email list. I think it was you, right? I can't keep track. Then I was trying to recall which DIOREC replied to me here and I know Trina mentioned it to me one time about her uncle, I guess it was you? I can't remember...getting makule me. :)

So, I guess aunty Tina & aunty Debbie are the same age. I can't remember. My cousins are all older than me. It's their children that are my age. And not sure if Leroy told you but my cousin Norma just passed away too. Not sure if you knew which one that was, but that was Debbie's eldest sister.

I am finding out more & more that many Hawaiian on Molokai, at least the ones from Hoolehua and Kaunakakai have ties to Maui and Hawai'i island. I always thought those Hawaiians had ties to Molokai for generations. Small world.

My Hawaiian 'ohana was from Wailuku but my 2nd great-grandma was from Huelo. They had 'ohana in Peahi (Kaea) and the Ka'auamo in Ke'anae are all my distant cousins.

Then I have my hanai side in Kona which might be distantly related, but haven't found out yet.

Posted: 8 Nov 2002 5:41PM GMT
Yes, I'm just one of the Diorec's on your uncle Leroy's email list. The other is my brother Jose who is your aunty Rosie's high school classmate. I did attend your aunty Norma's funeral services at Hawaiian Memorial. It was a beautiful service. Your cousin Robert read your eulogy to Norma. Spoke with your aunty Debbie yesterday and they going to Molokai next weekend (Nov. 15-17) to bury Norma.

You said that your family comes from Huelo (Maui). My grandfather was born in Pauwela neighbors to your family. I believe my grandfather was raised in Pauwela and Haiku. My grandmother side were from Kipahulu. So my ohana is really from East Maui (Hana, Kaupo, Haiku, etc.). And most of my ohana now lives in Hana. One of my second cousins, Francis Sinenci, builds traditional style Hawaiian "hales" throughout Hawaii. One of my projects is to work on my great-grandparents, and grandmother's gravesites at the Kipahulu Cemetery. Need to pour concrete and clean up the area before nobody can locate the gravesites.

MELANIE DIOREC PATAGANAO (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2005 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: DIOREC
my name is Melanie Diorec Pataganao my grandfathers name was Gervacio Diorec from
Negros you can contact me at legendlany@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.