Search for content in message boards

Mrs. Sutton, 87, Dies Nov 8 1957

Mrs. Sutton, 87, Dies Nov 8 1957

Posted: 20 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Sutton, Polete, Bernier, Scott, LaChance, Holley, Trousdale, Wilfong, Werner, Bloom, Dickey
Mrs. Jennie Ruth Sutton, 87, the daughter of the late John
Polete & Mary Bernier, died on Friday Nov 8. She was born in Madison County on June 25, 1870. Funeral services were held at the Fredericktown Free Will Baptist Church on Sunday Nov 10 at 2:00 p.m. Interment was in the Mine la Motte Cemetery. Rev Ben Scott, Pastor of the Free Will Baptist Church was the minister, Webb-Adamoson Funeral Service was in charge. At the age of 19 she was married to
William LaChance, who preceeded her in death, to this union
eight children were born, four of whom preceeded her in death. She was married to Robert Sutton after the death of her former husband. To this union three children were born.
She was converted at an early age and was a member of the Free Will Baptist Church until her death. She is survived by two sons: William LaChance of Fredericktown, and Clinton Sutton of Iron Mountain. Five daughters; Mrs. Mary Holley and Mrs Lucy Trousdale, both of Fredericktown, Mrs Emma Wilfong of Flat River, Mrs Bessie Werner of St. Louis, and
Mrs Jessie Bloom of Farmington. She also leaves a brother,
Frank Polete of Flat River, and a sister, Mrs. Elizabeth Dickey of Farmington, and thirty grandchildren.

connection to Polete

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2004 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Polete
John Henry Polete and Mary Emily Polete raised their children in Madison County....They lived and were buried in MineLaMotte. Their children were born from 1858 to 1874...in the following order, Mary Josephine, Eliza Emily, Celestene, William Xavier, Philloman, Sipreah, Judea, John Henry, and Peter Augustus. John Henry dob 4/18/1825 may have been baptized at Church of Ste Genevieve in 1826. The above dates are in the Family Bible but we cannot come up with his parents, or, if he had any siblings.

Polete connection

Mary Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: POLETE
United States, Madison County, MO: searching for Martha Elizabeth Polete married to Louis LaChance. Was the mother of Henry LaChance who was born Jan 4, 1858 and died June 11, 1938 in Madison County, MO.

Polete - Madison County

Posted: 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2004 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Polete
Just realized in my post on Polete I inadvertently listed John as John Henry Polete...That was his son's name. His name was John Babtist Polete dob 4/18/1825, wife Mary Emily Polete dob 4/3/1840. She is buried in St Michaels cemetery with d. Mary Josephine.
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: LACHANCE
HENRY LACHANCE SON OF LOUIS & MARTHA ELIZABETH MARRIED
ELIZABETH STOUT. THEY ARE BURIED IN UNMARKED GRAVES IN
MINE LA MOTTE CEMETERY. THEIR SON LOUIS EDWARD LACHANCE
MARRIED HATTIE CANZADA ROGERS, (MY GREAT GRANDFATHERS SISTER). THEY ARE ALSO BURIED AT MINE LA MOTTE CEMETERY.
ED & HATTIE HAD 3 CHILDREN: ROGER RAY WARD LACHANCE,
RALPH JAMES SYLVESTER LACHANCE, LAVIDA ELNORA LACHANCE,
THE ONLY ONE LIVING AT THIS TIME IS VIDA. I CAN GET YOU
IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS MORE INFORMATION THAN I DO.
PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR NAME & ADDRESS.

Re: Mrs. Sutton, 87, Dies Nov 8 1957

MT (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2002 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sutton, Richardson
Looking for the parents of Ella (Sutton) Richardson born 1902.

She married Dec 15 1920 in Iron Co MO to Arthur Richardson

Thanks
Mary

Posted: 24 Jan 2003 1:56PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2003 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: sutton, richardson, downard
Ella Sutton Richardson was my great grandmother. I found that her father was Harvey Sutton who died about 1953 I think, and her mother was Cora Downard Sutton (I've found out a little about her parents too). I hope that helps. I'm actually looking for information on her husband, Arthur, too. If you know anything, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

MT (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2003 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: Richardson, Sutton, Swenney, Thompson
Arthur Hadley Richardson, husband of Ella Mae Sutton was a 2nd cousin to my gr grandfather, Thomas Andrew Richardson.

The grandparents of Arthur H. Richardson raised Thomas A. Richardson after his parents died young, his mother in childbirth, abt 1850-53 in MO. I am wanting any information on these cousins, grandparents & etc.

Maybe if I can't find the parents of my gr grandfather, I can find information on his relatives in MO.

I have the obituary of Arthur Richardson, I will send if you want it. He was a son of Christopher Columbus Richardson & Mary E. Thompson who married Feb 13 1895 in Iron Co MO.

Do you know if this Christopher C. Richardson was married before he married Mary E. Thompson ?
Mary E. Thompson was married Dec 22 1878 in Iron Co MO to John M. Sweeney/Swiney.

I would also like to have any information on the children of Arthur & Ella Sutton Richardson and I would like to know where Ella is buried.

I haven't been at this too long (the Richardson's in MO)
I have looked for information in TX & OK where Thomas A. Richardson & family moved . Not too much luck here so I thought I would try looking for kin in MO.

I appreciate your reply & any info you may want to send.

Thanks

Mary

MT (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2003 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Richardson, Sutton
Hi,

I havent heard from you since I answered your last email.

I do hope you received it.

I would be very grateful for any information you have on the children of Arthur & Ella Sutton Richardson.

I have very little info on my Richardson family from MO.

Anything would be appreciated.

I hope I hear from you

You are the only one who has replied to query about Ella & Arthur Richardson.

Thanks

Mary

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2003 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: richardson, wadle, hughes
I'm sorry I didn't reply. I'd been meaning to, and then got pretty busy for a little while. Your information helped alot. I would love a copy of the obituary if you wouldn't mind. I'm having a very hard time finding anything on him. Ella was my grandmother's mother. She had 3 daughters, Mary Ethelene Hughes (my grandma), June Doughty and Pauline Wadle (all are deceased). I found June's obituary on the message boards (she died almost 2 yrs. ago). I have my grandmother's, and Pauline died not long before June, but I don't have that one. That's about all I can help you with, I think. If you have any questions, please asked. Oh, and I don't know anything about Christopher being married before Mary, and I can't find anything on either one of them. If you ever find that out, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Thank you, Mary.
Melissa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.