Search for content in message boards

LOGUE/LOAGUE,Faughanvale Parish, County Derry1858-1872

LOGUE/LOAGUE,Faughanvale Parish, County Derry1858-1872

Posted: 7 Mar 2008 5:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Logue/Loague,Mullan
Searching for info on George Logue/Loague born 7th march 1872 at Carnakilly Eglinton Co Derry, N Ireland. He had 4 brothers,Pat, Roger, Robert, sister Eliza,half brother William who is my Great Grandfather. George is thought to have emigrated to Scotland or USA. Brother Roger born 29 April 1869, married Mary E Mullan. They moved to Scotland where Roger was a tramcar driver.Scotland census 1901 shows a Roger Logue,tramcar driver,wife Mary and son Thomas age 2 and son Joseph 8 months, living at Pollockshaws, Renfrewshire,Scotland.Does this sound familiar to anyone out there?

Re: LOGUE/LOAGUE,Faughanvale Parish, County Derry1858-1872

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Logue
I saw the birth records of George and Roger in Emerald Ancestors but could not find the parents marriage.

I was curious about spellings as I have been looking at some Loughs who settled in Canada. The name was pronounced "Low" and in some cases was spelled "Lowe." I am wondering about a possible connection with the Logue Loague spellings.

Ron Dale

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 6:38PM GMT
Surnames: Logue,Loague,Lough
Hi Ron. Thanks for your reply.
I couldn't find the Logue boys parents marriage either.Marriages here were not officially recorded until 1865 for catholic and 1845 for non catholic.This makes researching difficult and at times impossible.
I have searched under many variations of our name but found most relevant info under Logue or Loague and once Loag.
Incidentally, I noticed a headstone in our local cemetery that read: Mary Lough died 22 march 1883 and Thomas Lough died 19th Aug 1889.Lough and Lowe are not common names here.
Margaret

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Logue
Hi Margaret,

I have access to the Griffiths Valuation records. If you would like me to look up Logue/Loague entries I would be happy to do so. Just contact me directly at ron.dale@sympatico.ca so it doesn't clog the site.

You mentioned some Lough burials in a local cemetery. Where is that?

Ron
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.