Search for content in message boards

JAMES F. BAKER. BORN CARDIFF 1878

JAMES F. BAKER. BORN CARDIFF 1878

Posted: 4 Oct 2009 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BAKER
can find no trace can anyone help please?

Re: JAMES F. BAKER. BORN CARDIFF 1878

Posted: 5 Oct 2009 8:47AM GMT
Do you know his parents names ?

Posted: 5 Oct 2009 9:19AM GMT
Hi thanks for helping no i have nothing on him except he married 9th oct 1916-maybe for a 2nd time to jeanette maria thomas in saltash, cornwall. and i also think i found an entry for him as 23 years old,single, at bull point barracks, plymouth.this was in the 1901 wales census.cant seem to find any parents for him -not even on the marriage cert which states `deceased`-where his father should have been.i also have his death cert which just states that he was living at the marital home of 36 queens road, west park,plymouth when he died in 1939.-age 61.i believe him to have been stationed at bull point barracks still in 1922 on `ordnance survey`.-this is the sum total of what i have on james which is sad as i would love to have known if he had any family in wales.i did trace one baker family to cutcombe somerset who married in cardiff but not sure about this one.sorry its so long winded!

Posted: 5 Oct 2009 4:52PM GMT
There is a marriage registered in Cardiff of a James Francis Baker during the March quarter of 1899. Could this be your man ?
Also on the 1881 census there is a James Baker age 2 living with his parents Charles & Elizabeth Baker. His birthplace is given as Penllyn which is near to Cardiff.
Good luck,
Colin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.