Search for content in message boards

MICHAEL CONNORS, KILLALEE, COUNTY KERRY,IRELAND.

MICHAEL CONNORS, KILLALEE, COUNTY KERRY,IRELAND.

FRAN CONNORS (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2001 1:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information about my husband's great-grandfather, who immigrated from Ireland to Low Point, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia in the middle 1800's. He was born in 1824. Michael married Mary Hall. Maary was born in 1831, perhaps also in Ireland.

There is also a Bartholomew Conners, born in 1788 around the same area and immigrated also to Low Point, Cape Breton. I don't know the parents names for either man, but would appreciate any help or information.

Re: MICHAEL CONNORS, KILLALEE, COUNTY KERRY,IRELAND.

Steve Lipton (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 12:38AM GMT
Hi,
I'm just starting to look at my family tree, you see my mother is a Connors. I only know that my gggrandfather came across the pond inthe mid 1800's from Kerry Co. , and that's about all I know right now. My cousin knows more than I do about it and he's sending me some info. Anything that you might know would be helpfull. My grandfathers name is Bernard Connors.His Father I think was Micheal, and his father was Robert. I also know my grandfather's uncle's name was also Bernard. They are all buried in Our Lady of Mount Carmel Cemetery just outside East Dover . I hope that maybe this is of some help to you and me. Hope to hear from you.
Steve

Re: MICHAEL CONNORS, KILLALEE, COUNTY KERRY,IRELAND.

Fran Connors (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2001 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: Michael Connors/Conners
Hi Steve:

I don't know if they are the samefamily or not - my husband's great-grandfather was Michael Connors who immigrated to Low Point, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, presumably born around 1824. There are relatives named Bart Conners, Joseph, John and Thomas, but there doesn't seem to be a Bernard. They seem to have kept the same family names through many years, which is helpful, but also confusing.

This Michael Conners, had seven children, all born in Low Point, Nova Scotia. I presume he died here also, although I have not, as yet, got his date of death.

Did your ancestors come from Nova Scotia? Let me know.

Fran
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.