Search for content in message boards

Turner

Turner

Brenda Stewart-Reeder (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turner, Shelton
Richard Turner b abt 1825/26 in TN married Hannah Evaline Shelton on 4 Feb 1854 in Henderson Co. KY. He d bef Mar 1892. Hannah was the daughter of Josiah Shelton and Nancy Ross of VA. I believe Hiram Turner was the father of Richard (no proof). Was Asa and Nancy Turner the parents of Hiram? Is anyone out there researching Asa and Nancy Turner that could help me? Also have lots of info on Josiah Shelton and Nancy Ross as they are my double 4th great grand parents.

Re: Turner

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 11:16PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2006 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Turner, Elliott, Poole, Bruce
I have tons on Asa and Nancy Turner. Her maiden name was Poole. After he died in @1822, she remarried to Richard Bruce. DO contact me. I descend from Asa's nephew Asa Turner AND his niece Betsy Turner Elliott.
Posted: 13 Apr 2012 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Turner
I would love to have any information that you may have on the Turners. My great-grandfather was Richard. I believe his father was Hiram; Hiram's father was Asa; and Asa's father was Elias I.

If anyone has any photographs of these family members, I would love to see them as well.

Thanks for anything you are willing to share.

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 12:08AM GMT
Howdy! I am very excited to hear from you Have you been able to establish that Richard Turner was a son of Hirum Turner? The fact that he married in Henderson Co KY does look like it is possible. And the fact that Nancy Poole had an Uncle Richard who was married to Asa Turner's sister Starling (Turner) Saunders makes Richard a good family name.

Please write to me direct a pj_sisseck@yahoo.com. And while you are at it, please also write to my third/fourth cousin, Steve Turner, at STurner@ci.wilsonville.or.us. He is the coordinator of the DNA matches for "Salmon Group" Turners. Of course he is going to ask if you have any Turner male relatives.

Steve has a compilation of info on descendants of Hirum Turner - he has even met one or two. And Steve would like to share with you and learn from you, as would I!

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 12:25AM GMT
I am researching Asa Turner and Nancy Poole, and they had a son named Hirum. He was not born until 1819ish, so I highly doubt he was the father of Richard Turner born 1825ish. There could be a relationship other than that, though.

Asa Turner had a nephew, also named Asa Turner, born 1804. He was my 2 GGPa. He had a nephew named Asa (not Turner) who married Viola Turner, and they named a kid Asa. And so it goes - I have a brother named Asa.

I am very interested in your Richard Turner and his connection to Henderson Co KY. Has anyone from your family done the yDNA thing?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.