Search for content in message boards

Gillaspy/Perry/Day/St. John

Gillaspy/Perry/Day/St. John

Jill Gillespie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gillaspy, Gillespie, Perry, Day, St John
Searching for ancestors in Morgan Co. Any info on Elizabeth Day, wife of James or John Perry, mother of Catherine Armina Perry. She was probably born mid-1800's. Also info on James or John Perry, and Ann St. John, wife of Miles Gillaspy, mother of Joseph Gillespie. I have info on the Gillaspys (many are buried at Centennial Church near Martinsville), but no luck with the others. Any help appreciated!

~Jill

Perry, Thompson, Pierce

Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2003 6:39AM GMT
Surnames: Perry, Thompson, Pierce, Duke, White, McNeal
Hello Jill,

My second great-grandfather Thomas Perry (1850-1926) m. Martha J. Duke (1851-1911). Thomas had a brother James Perry who was 4 years old in 1850 Census. Their parents were Nathan Perry b: 1811 KY and Elizabeth Thompson B:1815 KY. Nathan's parents were Richard Perry, Sr. b: 1775 NC and Rebecca Pierce b: 1790 KY.

They lived in Green Township, Morgan Co. (Banta,Ind). I hope to visit the Perry Cemetery in the near future.

OLD PERRY CEMETERY: Section 13 T12N R2E. Cemetery not located in recent searches.

PERRY CEMETERY: Section 13 T12N R2E. From SR 37, take Egbert Rd. East 3.6 miles to Abraham Rd. Turn right, go .7 mile and fork left on Brian Cemetery Rd. Go 1.6 miles, turn left at T, go .7 mile and fork right to lane on the left. Cemetery is .1 mile down lane and on far right side of a small lake. Grave markers registered at MCPL.
The PIERCE and THOMPSON cemeteries also may hold some clues.

I obtained the cemetery information in the Martinsville Newspaper "The Report-Times" in the Sat-Sun-Mon paper May 29,30,31, 1999.

PIERCE & PERRY CONNECTION

Joan Cole Clark (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: PERRY, PIERCE, LUELLEN, LEWELLEN
I am looking for information about my Gr grandfather James PIERCE who was born in KY about 1848. He married Catherine (Katie) Luellen/Lewellen born 1846 in Indiana. I think James PIERCE was related to the PERRY family. He named his only son James PERRY. I thought he was born in Hardin Co KY son of Richard J and Margaret J PIERCE. However in later years he is listed as James M PIERCE instead of James Alfred which I had been told was his middle name. His youngest daughter gave her father's name as James A on the application she filed for a social security card. Any information about the connections of the PERRY And PIERCE and LUELLEN/LEWELLEN familes will be appreciated. Joan Cole Clark

PERRY,CLARK,PIERCE, WILGUS, ALLEN HOFFMAN-DROSE

Posted: 18 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: PERRY, CLARK, PIERCE, WILGUS, STEPHENSON, ALLEN
Hello, our Robert CLARK m. 25 Mar. 1820 to Sarah COOLEY.
Susannah Cooley m. 3 Oct 1814 to Thomas STEPHANSON.
Mary Cooley m. John Perry 27 Dec. 1822, Ross Co. OH.
James Cooley m. Susan WILGUS, Aug. 16, 1829, Ross Co. OH. and their father,

Joseph COOLEY married Elizabeth ALLEN ON 23 Jan 1813 in Ross Co. OH.

They all moved to IN about 1830, some in Tippecanoe Co. and surrounding counties.

A halfbrother, Thomas Shannon also married and moved to IN, tho I do not know his wife.

Our Elizabeth Pierce married Samuel Danner about 1830.

Does any of this seem to make a connection. Thanks, Bobbie

Re: Gillaspy/Perry/Day/St. John

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 11:32PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2003 5:28PM GMT
Have info on gillespie family!! would like info on grave sites!
Mark

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 5:00AM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2003 4:17AM GMT
Little late but better late than never. Regarding your inquiry I am well aware of your Gillaspy ancestors and have information on them. Your Martinsville Gillaspys may be closely related to my David Gillaspy as the three brothers, Robert, James, & William and David all migrated to Kentucky in 1808 ca, yours to Southern Indiana and mine to Madison Co, KY. I have never been able to put them to-gether. I would like to have your mailing address so that I can mail you material that I have. Also, does the name "Lamaster" mean anything to you?

Jamie Kuss (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2005 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Gallaspy (variations) Perry, St. John
Like you said, a little late! Hope someone is around to share info with!

I am a direct decendant of those buried at Centenial Cemetery. Would like to share info. as I am researching this direct line for possible DAR Membership.

I do have a note for a Ruth Lemaster. Decendant of James and Susan Spencer. Maybe shelby county Kentucky?

Posted: 24 Sep 2007 7:25PM GMT
Are you still reseaching Gillaspy family in Morgan County, IN? I may have info on Miles/St Johns line.

Posted: 25 Sep 2007 12:00PM GMT
Hello! Yes I would like to share some info. I have not worked on this line in a while but can pull out my research and refresh my memory. I know my line includes Catherine Armenia Perry and Ann St. John. I am a direct descendant of Gillaspy in Morgan county Indiana and have photos of Centenial Cemetery.

Thanks! Jamie

Posted: 25 Sep 2007 1:53PM GMT
Jamie, my husband's family line is also descendant from Catherine Armina Perry and Joseph Gillaspy m.10 Aug 1889, Green Twp, Morgan Co, IN. Joseph's parents were Ann St John and Miles Gillaspy m. 24 Sep 1857.
My e-mail is oamgillaspy@hotmail.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.