Search for content in message boards

van OOSTEN, van OSTEN

van OOSTEN, van OSTEN

Posted: 21 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Sep 2001 7:02PM GMT
Searching van Oosten / van Osten and related names.

I have more information on my own ancestors -- my maternal grandmother was a van Oosten, born in LaFayette, Indiana, USA of Dutch parents -- I can trace back to her grandparents but would like to hear from any van O(o)stens, Weusts, or other relatives or friends.

van Oosten

Posted: 26 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2001 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: van Oosten, Weust, Lechdeur
Groningen-Folkert van Oosten.

van Oosten

Henny van Oosten (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am looking for info. about my family

Because i am a van Oosten and we are making an familytree

van Oosten roots

Frank van Oosten (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: van Oosten
There exists a family book of 'van Oosten' tracing back the family roots back to 1550 comprising all branches ever since. If you would like more info please feel free to contact me.

Re: van OOSTEN, van OSTEN

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: Vanosten, Brennan,
My maternal grandfather was James VanOsten (Vanosten) of Philadelphia, PA, son of Adolphus Vanosten and Catherine Brennan. Adolphus' parents were Thomas Vanosten and Sarah/Sallie (surname unknown.) We believe that Thomas may have fought for Pennsylvania in the Civil War. If there is any connection, I'd be interested to know what the history of your family is and their country of origin.

Thanks.
Karen Sanders

van oosten book

Posted: 16 Sep 2001 9:23PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Oosten
To Frank Van Oosten, Could you tell me more about this van oosten book. I am searching for family in the HAGUE circa 1880's-1920

Re: van oosten book

David (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2004 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Van Oosten, van Driel, Vendeville, Grauwmans, Stroo, Verhage, etc.
Hello,
Although your message was from long ago, I also am interested in the name Van Oosten. I am searching for the parents of Cornelis van Oosten, b. 11 march 1813 p Veur/Leidschendam. He married on 6 nov 1840 in Stompwijk with Maria van Driel.
If you want I have some descendents of this couple.

Re: van OOSTEN, van OSTEN

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 11:45AM GMT
I'm not exactly sure my info is entirely correct, Adolphus Van Osten was my great great grandfather on my father's side (this I know for sure) my great grandfather was Daniel Van Osten; I have been in touch with a distant cousin who has done extensive research on what you're inquiring about & can probably help better than I. She has been able to find records on Adolphus' application to the University of Pa.and more than likely has info you're inquiring about.

Re: van Oosten roots

Posted: 26 Jan 2007 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Van Osten
I am the grand-daughter of James F. Van Osten, Sr. and Mary Carmela Theresa Gagliardi-Van Osten..they together have 5 living children, Mary Ann Van Osten-Schwartz, Jean Van Osten-Washart, James F. Van Osten, Catherine Van Osten-Whitman, Stephen Van Osten. Looking for any further info.
Kristin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.