Search for content in message boards

Redmond Prindiville and Mary Ellen Nolan Prindiville - or Prendiville - or Prindeville

Redmond Prindiville and Mary Ellen Nolan Prindiville - or Prendiville - or Prindeville

Posted: 16 Apr 2002 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 8:51PM GMT
Surnames: Prindiville, Prendiville, Prindeville, Coughlin
Redmond Prindiville was born in Ireland; married Mary Ellen Nolan who was born in Ireland. They had a son James E., born 6 Oct 1856 in Chicago IL. James moved to Madison WI and married Catherine Coughlin (born in Wisconsin) whose parents were Pat and Catherine Coughlin, both born in Ireland. I hope someone can help me find out more about these people! Thanks.

Re: Redmond Prindiville and Mary Ellen Nolan Prindiville - or Prendiville - or Prindeville

Posted: 16 Apr 2002 11:18PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2002 3:08AM GMT
Have you checked out
the LDS site.?
Five Redmond Prendiville records on there for
Castleisland area, where the name Prendiville is a common name.
You posted here in the Kerry site, so figured you may have some inclination that your Redmond came from Kerry??
Good luck with your search
Regards
Kerry Kate
cbcoburn@telus.net
Kerry Routes/Lost Trails
http://www.netidea.com/~kerryroutes/

Re: Redmond Prindiville and Mary Ellen Nolan Prindiville - or Prendiville - or Prindeville

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 12:37PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 8:51PM GMT
Thanks, I'll check the LDS site. I'm really green at this, but am having fun learning. We think Redmond came from Dingle, and I'll try to get in the "right pew" next time! Thanks again. Joanne

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2002 3:08AM GMT
Joanne,
that is still a possibility that he came from Dingle.
I have no way of knowing that.
I am just going on what is on the LDS site
www.familysearch.org.
because there are so many records for that name and they are from the Castleisland area.
Castleisland is covered very well record wise, because that parish is included in the Casey Collection.
and the LDS microfilmed the Casey Collection with all of the parishes that Casey indexed.
Dingle was not one of those parishes, so that is why you will see lots of Castleisland records, Killarney/Kilcummin/Rathmore/Ardfert records, but very few for Dingle area before 1864.
Another way to search the LDS site is to go to the IGI section
type in last name only.
Prendiville, pick region British Isles, then Ireland.
Do not choose a county.
Leave that box as (all counties)
this method will show you all the Prendiville records on the LDS site, for ALL of Ireland.
A bit time consuming to go through all the different counties,
to find the Kerry ones, but a great way to find every record for the surname.
Good luck with your search
best wishes
Kerry Kate
cbcoburn@telus.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.