Search for content in message boards

ALLEN family, North Carolina

ALLEN family, North Carolina

Posted: 24 Feb 2002 9:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2004 8:16AM GMT
Surnames: ALLEN
I realise there are many hundreds of Allen families in North Carolina. I am trying to find information about Richard Young Allen, born in 1851 in North Carolina. I don't know which county and I don't have the names of his parents.

Any information will be very much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Judson Croft
Auckland
New Zealand

Re: ALLEN family, North Carolina

Posted: 5 Nov 2003 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: Allen,Barbee, Horsford,Armstrong
Yes, there are a lot of Allens in NC, and iI am one of them. My daddy was Elisha Allen, born 1889 in Rockingham Co.NC to Joseph and Annie Barbee Allen. Joseph was son of Elisha Allen and Mary"Polly" Horsford Allen of Rockingham Co. Elisha was son of Joseph and Sarah Armstrong Allen of Rockingham Co. The name you are asking about does not ring a bell with me. I hope you find what you are looking for.

melissa (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2005 10:54PM GMT
Surnames: Allen; Hines
I'm looking for Annie Allen, who died supposedly soon after childbirth around 1915. The father of her child was Henry Hines. Apparently they were both from NC, but she bore her daughter in Kentucky, and the child was put in the Cincinnatti Children's Home after her death. Her daughter was my grandmother, and was adopted by a minister's family affiliated with Oberlin College, but originally were from Cummington, Massachusetts. Any relation?

judson croft (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2005 9:49AM GMT
Melissa

I regret that none of the information you have provided matches any information in my line of Allens.

Thanks for contacting me and all the very best in your search.

Judson Croft

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: Allen
Not sure if there is any connection but...Annie Allen, Born 1805, NC was living in Ky in 1870-1880 with two of her daus Julia Allen Day, and Margaret A. Day. Julia was widowed and it appears Margaret was never married but she had 5 children all named ALLEN (4 girls, one boy) between 1870 and 1880 and maybe more after, I just haven't been able to locate any newer records. Julia appears to have been childless. One of Margarets' daughters was my GGrandmother, a fact I learned from my GGmo Death Certificate. Her father was listed as unknown. I know the time frame is off but it could have been one of Margarets' children/or GChildren you are looking for..Given the connection of the 'family' names of Annie and Allen and the NC, Ky, S/Ohio connection thought it could possibly be a lead...Hope some of this helps you in your quest.

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 2:38PM GMT
Don't believe we are talking about same Annie Allen- my grandmother Annie was born Alamance Co. NC and lived thereuntil moving to Davidson Co near her son Elisha, my daddy. She remarried to Mr. Gibson and passed away 1912.

Posted: 21 Oct 2007 10:48PM GMT
I am a descendant of the Allens in NC.GR,GR,Gr Grandfather was John Henry Allen-GR,Gr Grandgather was Elisha allen-Gr Grandmother was Elizabeth Allen-married Thomas Johnson.Would this be your line?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.