Search for content in message boards

James "Jim" M. WILLIAMS (WV & KY)

James "Jim" M. WILLIAMS (WV & KY)

Posted: 2 Jul 2010 2:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILLIAMS, CHAPMAN,
Hi all, I'm looking for information on my latest brick wall,
Mr. James "Jim" M. Williams born between Jul 1854 and 1864.

James Williams married Dec 24 1885 in Logan County, WV to Louvisa "Vicy" Vicie" Chapman daughter of John F. Chapman and Elizabeth Scott of Pike County, Kentucky.

On his marriage record James lists his age as 21 making him born about 1864 and the 1900 census lists him being born Jul 1854.

The marriage record doesn't list a place of birth, only adding another brick to his wall. And the only parent listed on his marriage record is G. Williams as the father. I've researched every George and Gordon (since he has a son named Gordon) Williams I can find and especially those with a wife named Nancy since his only daughter carried that name.

The 1900 Mingo County census lists his and his parents place of birth as Kansas. I kind of doubt that but have tried to follow up on that and found nothing. Maybe Kansas territory?

I can't find anything on the family in WV or KY after the 1900 census...nothing, no death or marriage records, no census... nothing.

James and Vicie had the following children:
1. Nancy Elizabeth b. 1887 married Robert Davis of McDowell ccounty, WV cant find anything on her after the 1910 census.

2. Thomas Williams 1891 - 1977

3. Gordon Williams Mar 1892 married Jan 8 1916 in Logan County, WV to Margaret "Maggie" Davis. Can't find anything on him after the 1920 census

4. William Williams Mar 04 1894

5. Everett Williams May 1896 can't find anything on him not even a draft registraion card.

6. John Williams Mar 1898 same as Everett except this name is way toooo common...lol

7. Albert Williams born Aug 25 1900 in Pike County, KY died Jan 13 1983 in Pike County, KY. Albert married twice 1. Louisa Robinette 2. Ruby Pearl Caraway born Feb 25 1904 in Indiana and died Feb 10 1984 in Mingo County, WV All of Alberts children are living except Thomas Irvin Williams Mar 28 1927 - Jul 16 1998

I deeply appreciate all information, leads and really good guesses =)
Thanks all!

Re: James "Jim" M. WILLIAMS (WV & KY)

Posted: 29 Aug 2010 12:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
This may just be coincidence but I found the family of one Gordon Williams in Logan Co., WV in the 1880 census. They have son names James age 15 who was born in Illinois. Not quite Kansas, but a likely candidate. It would be worth looking into especially since, this James had a mother named Nancy. You mentioned a daughter name Nancy Elizabeth (perhaps she was named after her grandmothers).

Pardee
Household 364 378
Gordon Williams 40
Nancy Williams wife 42
Mary J. 18
James 15
Allen 13
Rhoda 8
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.