Search for content in message boards

The DEARLOVE family of Buffalo, NY

The DEARLOVE family of Buffalo, NY

Linda Dotzour (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DEARLOVE, HEARN, PAYNE
I am interested in corresponding and exchanging information with researchers and descendants of the DEARLOVE family beginning in Buffalo, Erie Co, NY ca. 1890. Early family members include Frederick W. DEARLOVE and his wife Annie HEARN; Ellen Elizabeth DEARLOVE and her husband Charles HEARN; Israel DEARLOVE and his wife Maria PAYNE

Dearlove family of Buffalo NY

Edwin Dearlove (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dearlove
Hi Linda,
I have found someone who has a passenger list of the SS Servia whose passengers were taken on board at Liverpool England and they arrived in NY on June 10 ????. Unfortunately they have ommitted to publish the year. However on board the ship were, Dearlove, Arthur: Dearlove, F: and Dearlove, Isreal. This seems to fit in with what you are looking for. You might want to contact a lady called Roxanna on her e.mail at "rclark0250@aol.com" for more info. Good hunting. By the way I have an extensive tree of Dearloves originating in Yorkshire England if it would interest you. I do not know at the moment whether the Dearloves mentioned above are related but I should imagine they are, it is just a matter of making the connection.
Please let me know how you get on.
Yours sincerly
Edwin Dearlove

Dearlove family in Iowa

Posted: 21 May 2002 2:09AM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2002 1:14AM GMT
Edwin,
I noticed your mention of Dearlove records on the English side of the ocean. I am researching the family tree from the American side and am trying to clarify the origins of the Dearlove line in the family. I have been able to go as far back as Richard Dearlove, born 16 Oct 1822 (or Nov 1822 or even 1817, depending on the source) in London. He married Agnes Barnes while in England and came to the U.S. around 1849, settling in the Burlington, Iowa area. He died in 1902 and his wife died in 1882.
Thanks for any help!
Fr. Jonathan Niehaus
Waukesha, Wisconsin

Re: Dearlove family in Iowa

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: Dearlove, Sullivan, Tee
Hi,
I was very interested to see your post- Richard and Agnes are my G-G-G Grandparents! I am descended from their daughter Cora Dearlove Sullivan (m. Jeremiah Sullivan), and we have been researching the family. I unfortunatly don't have a lot on the family before they immigrated, although we were told Richard was a milkman in London, but we're working on it. :-) I would love to hear from you and trade information and pictures. My email is joes@proaxis.com or shyanne@clansullivan.com Thanks!!!! Shyanne Sullivan

Re: The DEARLOVE family of Buffalo, NY

Posted: 1 Jan 2006 11:11PM GMT
My name is Todd Dearlove, son of Raymond Allen Dearlove. His parents were Frederick and Olive Dearlove. He also had a brother James, who has a daughter named Debbie. I have lost contact with all of them.

Re: Dearlove family in Iowa

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 3:19PM GMT
My name is Todd T. Dearlove. I live in the Buffalo, N.Y. area with my kids and have traced my father's family to when they arrived at Ellis Island in (1890)? It was Arthur(senior), who accompanied Frederick and Isreal? Frederick is my line's patriarch? I would love to find out more, am piecing things together here,but need to know more. How long have we actually been Americans? How many daggone relatives do I really have out there? Thank you in advance for anyone willing to admit they are a part of this hard-working, fun-loving crazy family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.