Search for content in message boards

GLASS

Posted: 27 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Glass, Hayter, Canavan, Gerrety
Researching the family of John Glass who came to U.S./Canada in 1812 from Ireland. He was married to Mary Ellen unknown and they had nine children only three of whom lived to adulthood. Records are very sketchy on this family. Their son James (1830-1907) was born in St. Andrews, New Brunswick and died in Calais, ME. He was married to Mary Canavan.

Their son John Hiram was born in Calais, ME in 1836 and died in Oshkosh, WI in 1901. He married Cornelia Jane Hayter in Oshkosh in 1865.

No information at all on daughter who supposedly married someone named Lovejoy.

Can anyone add anything. We've hit a wall.

Re: GLASS

Posted: 3 Aug 2004 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Glass, Lund, Manship
Thank you for the information on James Glass, which is useful in our research on the Lund family. His daughter Mary Ellen married Henry A. Lund, and his daughter Clara married James Manship the son of Frances Lund. Both Lunds lived in Calais and were from the Sackville NB area: the mystery is in how the were related. The early Lund history has many mysteries, only recently did we discover that those in Maine are related to those in Sackville. I have lots of data on descendants of Mary Ellen and Clara, up to the present.

Re: GLASS

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: GLASS, RINDY,LANDEE, HANSON
Are you still there? I've slacked off on genealogy and just getting back active. I'm still looking for John Glass's parents in ME/NB. I've found some new-to-me material in the Canada Census. I'd love to have your recent Lund material if the offer still stands.

Thanks,
Jane Hanson Baier
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.