Search for content in message boards

George Washington Baker aka Washington Baker

George Washington Baker aka Washington Baker

Linda Flattinger (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2004 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baker, Kellett, Wrenfrow, Rowan
Seeking any info I can get on my gr gr grandfather George Washington Baker b. abt. 1844 AR d. Abt. 1878 AR
m. 30 July 1868 to Isbella (Bettie) Rowan in Lawrence Co., AR They had 2 sons: William Washington Baker b. 19 Dec. 1867 Salem Fulton Co., AR and my gr grandfather Joseph (Josiah) Andrew Baker b. 16 Dec. 1869 also in Fulton Co.
Would like to find out who GW's parents were. He was orphaned and raised by Josiah Kellett and Elizabeth (Betsy) Wrenfrow. There were several Baker, Kellett, Wrenfrow connections. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: George Washington Baker aka Washington Baker

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 1:47AM GMT
George Washington Baker's father was Moses R. Baker and his mother was Rebecca Callahan. Joseph Josiah Andrew Baker was my Great Great Grandfather. I too am looking for information on G.W. Baker, his military service in the Civil War in particular. I had no idea about him being orphaned. I would appreciate any information you have and would gladly share what little I know.

Joshua Bentley Baker

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 3:31AM GMT
Joshua, I believe you have the wrong George Washington Baker. There are
many by that name. I have done research on the Baker line for 40+ years.
George Washington Baker-born 1842 and died 1908 is my great grandfather. He
married Nancey Polina Bearden in 1867. His parents are Moses R. Baker and
Rebecca Callahan Baker. Moses settled in Conway County, Arkansas where he
raised his family and many of us still reside here. This George was not
orphaned. He was raised by his parents here in Conway County. Like I said,
there are quite a number of George Washington Bakers. I believe the other
person researching your line has found them in Fulton County, Arkansas. To
my knowledge my line is not related to those Bakers. I do have my George
Washington Baker's line back several generations from him with
documentation. So I do feel sure of the information I am giving you here.
Good luck with your research.
Euna Wood Beavers

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Baker
Im David Baker My dad was Neil pate baker.
His dad was William Bentley baker his dad was Joseph Andrew baker. His dad was George Washington baker. His dad was Moses baker. Would like to talk to someone about family tree. And get pic. Can email me at bloodhound43.db@email.com thank you.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 3:32AM GMT
The George Washington Baker that is my great grandfather, is the son of Moses Baker. He does not have a son by the name of Joseph Andrew. He only had Verner and Arley and then some daughters. I have researched this Baker family for many years. I do not have Neil Pate, William Bentley or Joseph Andrew in my database. Where are your Bakers from?

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 10:55PM GMT
Live in bradford ark. My grandpa Neil pate baker was from oil trough ark. In independence County. Son of William Bentley baker. Mother name was Fannie lois pate. Where you from?

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 10:59PM GMT
We are from Conway County. That is where our George Washington Baker was born and lived. His father Moses Baker moved here very early and lived here until he died. They are all buried here in Conway County.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.