Search for content in message boards

MURPHY, Wayne Allen 1946?-1998

MURPHY, Wayne Allen 1946?-1998

CBC (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, Norton, Watts
Wayne Allen Murphy, 52, of 1785 Harrodsburg Rd., Lawrenceburg, died Friday, May 15, 1998, at his residence.

A native of Spencer County, he was the son of Nellie Norton Murphy of Lawrenceburg and the late George Alfred Murphy.

He was a mechanic for Lawrenceburg Transfer for 20 years, a member of the Mayo Christian Church and the Anderson County Sportsman Club.

Survivors include: his wife, Frances Lucille Watts Murphy, Lawrenceburg; his mother, Nellie Norton Murphy, Lawrenceburg; one daughter, Mrs. David (Julie) Cubert, Lawrenceburg; one step daughter, Mrs. Anthony (Eva) Lathrem, Salvisa; two step sons, William Ray Bast, Simpsonville, and Roger Elmore Bast, Lebanon; three brothers, Rodney Murphy, Washington County, John W. Murphy and James Murphy, both of Anderson County; three sisters, Rachel Robinson, Burgin, Sue Ritchey and Edie Murphy, both of Lawrenceburg; one half-brother, Walter Hahn, Spencer County, one half-sister, Lucille Stratton, Harrodsburg; two grandchildren, 11 step-grandchildren and one step great grandchild. He was preceded in death by a daughter, Laura Murphy, a brother, Ben Murphy, and a sister, Geraldine Murphy.

Funeral services were held Sunday, May 17, at First Baptist Church, Lawrenceburg, with Bro. Jeff Eaton. Bro. Bob C. Jones, and Bobby Montgomery officiating. Burial was in Murphy Cemetery, Anderson County.

Pallbearers were John McKinney, Don Richardson, Jim Disponett, Johnny Caldwell, Jimmy Cox, and Roger Caldwell. Honorary bearers were Roy Soard, Marvin Puckett, John B. Ripy, John R. Catlett, Lynn Robinson, Mike Shryock, Wayne Phillips, Doug Dennis, Rick Summers, and Jimmy Shelton.

Gash Memorial Chapel, Lawrenceburg was in charge of arrangements.

[Harrodsburg Herald, May 21, 1998]

Memories

Donald Ray Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Murphy, Neal
I remember a man that towered over the average man. I grew up watching this man through a fatherless child eye. As I desperately searched for the path to adulthood, he was the man that I watched.

This is for my surviving family members; I did not visit Uncle Wayne after he became ill because of the effects that death have had on me throughout my life. I can now remember 'MY Uncle Wayne' the way he was, the way he would have wanted me to remember him, the way he would have wanted all of us to remember him. This is all of the explanation that I will give. Love, Donald

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.