Search for content in message boards

Ephraim Martin, b.ca 1727 MA; m. ca 1747, NH, Keziah(-)

Ephraim Martin, b.ca 1727 MA; m. ca 1747, NH, Keziah(-)

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Sep 2003 4:53PM GMT
Ephraim Martin was born in Amesbury, Mass. about 1727, son of Samuel (John 2, George 1) and Ruth (Silver) Martin. They moved to N.H. by 1734, as shown by deeds detailed in our book "Martins of Mooretown." He must have married before 1750, when son Ephraim, Jr. is born in Goffestown. The only name shown on the deeds for Ephraim, Sr. is "Keziah." They moved to Bradford, Vermont in 1767 where they are listed among the very first settlers. She died in Bradford, Vt. May 4, 1812. If anyone knows of a marriage reference for this couple we would like to know Keziah's maiden name so we can research her ancestry. Kathleen

Re: Ephraim Martin, b.ca 1727 MA; m. ca 1747, NH, Keziah(-)

Posted: 1 Aug 2010 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
Hi Kathleen, I was adopted at birth and it has been a little more than a month since I found out my birth parents names and I have been working on their deep ancestry. At nearly 60 years old, this has been quite a 'road trip'. Initially I was mostly interested in health issues but I found my mother was still living and we plan to meet this month for the first time. I've traced the maternal line back through Sarah Martin to Keziah UNK, thanks in part to your work. Gotten any further? Miles

Posted: 2 Aug 2010 11:22PM GMT
Hi, My name is Pat and I am looking for my grandfather Thomas Ephrium Martin born in Obion, Tennessee in 1864. Would you have this person in your tree.
Thanks Pat

Posted: 3 Aug 2010 12:50AM GMT
Hi Pat,
My family connection was through Ephraim's daughter, Sarah, born in 1766. The Martin name could have been carried down through a brother of her's if there was one, but I am not so interested in directions downstream. Sorry, but surely there is no closer connection. BTW I am tracking the mtDNA lineage hence the special interest in Keziah's maiden name. Miles

Posted: 3 Aug 2010 1:15AM GMT
Thanks for your reply
Pat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.