Search for content in message boards

Plastin(e) family, Brentford: 2 entries in 1851 census?

Plastin(e) family, Brentford: 2 entries in 1851 census?

Posted: 17 Mar 2009 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Plastin(e)
Can anyone offer an explanation as to why John and Rosina Plastin (later spelling is Plastine) have two entries in the 1851 census for Brentford (vol.1b)? The family details are identical, but they are recorded at household schedule nos. 35 and 143. There is no address given for either, although on a page before no. 143, someone has written in "Catherine Wheel Yard?" The enumeration district description in the front of the book says "All that part of the Township of New Brentford which lies to the south of the High Road from Mr Grainger's house inclusive to the Church, with the Yards and Alleys between these places" and again someone has added, in a different hand "Including Catherine Wheel Yard?". I know that a daughter of the family was born in Catherine Wheel Yard. John and Rosina are my 3g-grandparents.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Paul

Re: Plastin(e) family, Brentford: 2 entries in 1851 census?

Posted: 18 Mar 2009 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

in theory! you should'nt have the same family listed - give them a ring:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/search.asp?j=1

Re: Plastin(e) family, Brentford: 2 entries in 1851 census?

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear ELLinSpain,

My sincere apologies: I did not reply to your helpful suggestion in answer to my question back in March. I did email the National Archives and their answer was that this was probably due simply to a careless enumerator who did not number the schedules properly! It seems that although they were paid, they were not well paid and so were not very motivated.

Thanks again.

Paul
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.