Search for content in message boards

Delaney's of County Meath, Ireland

Delaney's of County Meath, Ireland

Posted: 16 Aug 2005 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Delaney
I am seeking information on my GGGrandfather.
His name is John Delaney born 30 Sep. 1826.
He married Mary Norton also of County Meath but it is unkown where and when! Mary was born 3 Nov 1830.
They had 5 children all born in Lafayette, Allamakee, Iowa.
Their names are Jane, Thomas, John F....who is my GGrandfather, Mary Delaney and James Francis.
Both John and Mary are buried in Wexfor Cemetery in Allamakee, Iowa. Does anyone have any info on John. Dates, siblings, parents etc? Any info will be very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!
Tina

Re: Delaney's of County Meath, Ireland

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 5:05PM GMT
Tina,

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 5:07PM GMT
Tina,

I have Delaneys in that area around that time with brothers Thomas and James. I don't have much information, but I do know that Thomas (Francis) Delaney and James set off for Australia where James stayed and Thomas came to NY/NJ. Does this sound familiar?

I'm sorry I don't have more detailed information - this is the story of how my Delaney's made it to the US....

Kristin

Tina Delaney Hogan (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2006 4:07AM GMT
Krisitn,

I apologize for such a long delay in responding......I am wondering about your Delaney's landing in New Jersey? Do you know if any relatives of your Delaney's ended up in Iowa....specifically Lansing?

Sincerely,
Tina

Posted: 5 Jun 2006 2:08PM GMT
Unfortunately, not. My family stayed primarily in the NY/NJ area (that I know of). If anyone went off to Iowa, I haven't heard...

Sorry!

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Delaney, Norton
Hey Tina! My great, great grandfather is John Francis Delaney. If you keep following the line, my great grandfather is John Joseph Delaney and my grandfather is Patrick Delaney. The trail does end rather abruptly at John Francis and would like more information too. Have you discovered anything new? I did find an Ireland geology project based in Meath County. Since I teach, my summer project was to contact them about information regarding the background of John Francis Delaney and Mary Norton. I would like to go back farther. I will let you know if I find anything else out,

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 12:20PM GMT
Hi. I'm curious of your Delaney line? Patrick Delaney is your grandfather? Are you referring to James Patrick Delaney? If so he is my Grandfather as well. Who is your father? Look forward to hearing from you! Tina

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 11:51PM GMT
Hi
By any chance would you have a Lyman Lawson Delaney, born Sep 1843 in Kentucky?
Amy info would help. You may contact me at rj.genealogy@gmail.com
Bob

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 11:56PM GMT
Not that I am aware of. I have not been able to get any further back than John Delaney born in 1826. I don't know if any other family members immigrated with him or at all to be honest. Sorry.

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 1:44AM GMT
Hi! So my great, great, great grandfather was John Delaney of Meath, Ireland. His son, John Francis Delaney, is my great, great grandfather. He married Kate Kernan. Their son, John Joseph Delaney is my great grandfather. He married Cecilia Conway. Their son, Patrick Michael Delaney, is my grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.