Search for content in message boards

Fissel Church

Fissel Church

Posted: 5 Sep 2005 4:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe my ggg-grandparents attended the Fissel Church. Could anyone help in directing me to someone that I may contact for church records. I need both Birth and Death.

Thank You, Mark

Re: Fissel Church

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2005 7:35AM GMT
What names are you looking for ?

Mel (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2005 2:56PM GMT
New Hope Fissel's United Church of Christ
3426 Fissels Church Road
Glen Rock, PA 17327
717-135-2033

Mel (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2005 3:02PM GMT
Sorry for the typo:
Telephone # is 717-235-2033

Posted: 8 Sep 2005 1:41AM GMT
Nancy,
My gg-grandfather was Abraham R. McCleary dob: 1851. I have reason to believe that his father was Abm. (Abraham) McCleary. I have found one in York, PA (1860 fed. census). My research indicates that Abraham R. was also born in York, PA. (he was one of 9 children). The records also indicate that Abraham is buried at the church.

I would like to find cpoies of any church records birth/ marraige & death of this family.

Thank you for your time and interest, Mark

Brian Shaffer (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2005 1:14AM GMT
Try asking for Don Markle. He was able to provide me with burial permit information. They did have one or two fires at the church and lost records.

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2005 2:35AM GMT
Brian
You said " lost records" what records are you speaking of ?
cemetery or other records? I have a copy of the cemetery records are you saying some of them are missing? and how would one contact Don Markle ? Thank You for any information
Nancy

Tamara Turner (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2005 2:49PM GMT
Surnames: Sheffer, Shaffer, Shafer, McCleary
A few years back Faith and her mother Evelyn Sheffer sent me photos of the gravestones of Philip Sheffer and his wife's Barbara (maiden name unknown) which are my ggggg-grandparents. I am descended from them thorugh (John) Jacob, Daniel, Adam, Irvin Adam who married Catharine Susan McCleary. The name is variously spelled Sheffer/Shaffer/Shafer in our family. Most of my information is from my g-grandfather's (Irvin Adam) book Green Grapes which chronicles his correspondence with a cousin about the scramble for the Garrett inheritance. Fissels cemetery and Glen Rock cemetery are mentioned repeatedly for most of the family. Is it still an active or at least maintained cemetery? Does anyone have a full transcription on who's buried there?

Tamara Turner (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2005 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: Shaffer, McCleary, Lawson, Rohrbach, Ehrman
Mark,
If you find info on the McCleary's in Fissel's let me know. My known lineage is Catharine Susan McCleary that married Irvin Adam Shaffer. Her parents were Franklin Rohrbaugh McCleary and Henrietta Lawson. After that I have only matched up with Rohrbach and Ehrman researchers that have a Franklin listed as a child of Catharine Rohrbach and Abraham McCleary in York county, PA. Ed Morril (Ehrman researcher) mentioned that the library at York County Heritage Trust (not sure where that is) has copies of Fissel Church records. He's the one that gave me baptism dates from Fissel's for the children of Catharine and Abraham. Since I'm doing DAR applications for some lines now, I've been following up on old leads to find the actual documentation. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2005 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Shaffer, Sheffer
I do have some Fissel's Records. It is still an active cemetery. Most of my Shaffer/Sheffer ancestors are at Shaffer's Church Cemetary in Seven Valleys or Steltz's Cemetery in Southern York County. I am the decendant of Adam Sheffer ggg grandfather, George Shaffer gg grandfather, Arthur Shaffer g grandfather and Steward Shaffer grandfather. All from southern York County. I have some Steltz records also
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.