Search for content in message boards

Lafferty Family

Lafferty Family

Charles K. Septer (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LAFFERTY, PINCH
Searching for any information about the OWEN LAFFERTY family that lived in Hampshire Township, Clinton County 1860 thru 1870 and quite possibly longer. Daughter MARY LAFFERTY b.1850 married THOMAS H. PINCH and moved to Reinbeck, Grundy Co. ALL are my grandparents and I have very little information about the LAFFERTY family and anything at all would certainly be appreciated.

Lafferty

Posted: 13 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2002 5:50PM GMT
I am a member of the Clinton County/Gateway Genealogical Society.

I found the following for you

St Ireneaus Cemetery, Clinton Iowa

LAFFERTY
Susan, wife of Owen, no dates
Owen, born Donagall, Ireland Parish of Glengml?, died 17 July 1892, age 90years

Rosehill Cemetery, Calamus Iowa

LAFFERTY
John & his wife, no dates

Old DeWitt Cemetery, DeWitt Iowa

LAFFERTY
Hannah E., died 14 Feb 1859, age 56years, wife of John

If I can be of further help, please let me know

Lafferty & Pinch Families

Charles K. Septer (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SEPTER, LAFFERTY, PINCH, LIGGETT, SWAN
Thank you so much Bonnie for the information that you sent me about Susan Lafferty that died in 1892 in Clinton CO. She was my gr.gr. grandmother.
OWEN LAFFERTY & wife SUSAN were on the 1850 census Boston, Mass and the appear on the 1860 & 1870 census in Hampshire Township, Clinton CO. Iowa so between 1850 and 1860 OWEN & his wife Susan and their two children son BARNEY b.1842 in Ireland and daughter MARY ELLEN b.1850 moved to Clinton CO.
My gr. grandmother MARY ELLEN LAFFERTY married THOMAS H. PINCH and lived for some time in Reinbeck, Grundy CO. Iowa. MARY ELLEN PINCH died May 4, 1894 in Lyons, Clinton CO. Iowa.
I have never been able to find her death certificate or where she is buried but I am sure she died in 1894 in Clinton CO. Does anyone know just where LYONS is, someone has told me that it is close to the city of Clinton but that is all. I would sure appreciate any help I can get on these families.
Again I would like to thank BONNIE PILLERS for the information she was kind enough to send me.

Charles K. Septer
Punta Gorda, FL
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.