Search for content in message boards

John Jackson Medlin

John Jackson Medlin

Travis Floyd (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2002 3:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Medlin
I am trying to find the father and mother of John Jackson Medlin born about 1806 in North Carolina married Piety Hendrix born 6/22/1800 in South Carolina. He died 1878 she in 1880 in Tippah County Mississippi. I believe came from Union Co, NC and moved to Monroe then Tippah Co, Miss in the eighteen twenty.

Re: John Jackson Medlin

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 2:37PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 7:15PM GMT
Travis,
I have researched this thoroughly and have been able to prove that John was the son of John Medlin I (that's a one) and his wife, Fereby Whitley. There is erroneous information out there that has him married to someone else, but his parents are as I have stated above. This information has been accepted by the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) to grant membership to a cousin of mine, and these folks (the DAR) are VERY picky about proving the lineage.
I have lots of information on John and Fereby, as well as a great deal on John and Piety Hendrix, who was born and raised in/near Abbeville, SC. Please respond to me at my e-mail address...annemedlin@aol.com...if you would like more information on any or all of the above. Anne

Becky McCaulley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2003 5:16AM GMT
I have information that states that Piety Hendrix was born on December 22, 1800 (and not August 22nd). I have no idea which is acurate however. Do you have any more information on John Jackson Medlin (1806-1878), his son John J. Medlin (1830-1862), or his grandson Thomas Nathaniel Medlin (b. 1854)? Thanks so much for your help! I'm just getting started on all of this, so I'm sort of a rookie!

Posted: 7 Mar 2003 7:16AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: MEDLIN, WHITLEY, BROOM, CONDER
Becky, Between Travis and myself and my cousin Nay Deen, we have lots of information on John and his wife Piety. I have always had Piety's birthdate as December 22, 1800, but both Nay Deen and I have always wondered about her birthplace. We think she was born in Abbeville, SC, and she and John were married in NC just before they left the state to go to Monroe, MS about 1828. Their first two children were born there. About 1830-1835, they sold their holdings there and moved to Tippah Co., MS where the remainder of their children were born. Apparently, John and Piety never returned to NC. Both are buried in Mt. Pleasant Cem. in Rippah Co. John was the son of John Medlin and his wife, Fereby Whitley Medlin, who are my great great great great grandparents. I have the Medlin line all the way back to Cornwall, UK. Anne

Travis Floyd (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2003 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: travis floyd
Anne I received your reply to Becky, and have sent her what info I have John Jackson Medlin family. The Dec 22, 1800 is what on Piety tombstone as date of birth. I have a little info up to Henry Tyler Medlin and no farther, any help on this would be great. travis

Becky McCaulley (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2003 6:24PM GMT
Hi, Anne! I would love to see the information about John and Piety Medlin and the line back to Cornwall. They are my g-g-g-g-grandparents as well. Feel free to e-mail me directly at SurrealAnt@aol.com.

Posted: 26 Jun 2005 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: MEDLIN
Becky, I need your new e-mail address to send you my info on the Medlin line. Anne

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: whitley medlin
I can't believe that it took me this long to find this info here, but I would like more info on Fereby Whitly and the Medlin's
Thanks.

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: MEDLIN
Travis, I saw your 2005 query about the ancestors of Henry Tyler Medlin. Do you still need his parents and those that went before him, or have you received that information? I am hoping that my book will be published online for a fee by the end of this year, so you will have everything that I know about them. Please be advised that there is no way to prove, as yet, any of those folks before Henry Tyler, but I keep trying. Do let me know if you have anything more about John Jackson Medlin, his family, and anything about them in Mississippi. Thanks so much, Anne

Posted: 15 Sep 2007 6:01PM GMT
I WOULD LIKE ANY HELP I CAN GET ON FEREBY WHITLEY AN JOHN MEDLIN! AND IF ANY ONE KNOWS IF GATSEY MEDLIN IS THERE DAUGHTER?? I HAVE TRACED MY ANSESTORS BACK TO HERE. GATSEY WAS BORN IN NORTH CAROLINA. I BELEIVE MONTGOMERY CO. BUT NOT FOR SURE! SHE IS BELEIVED TO BE HALF CHEREKEE AND GRAND DAUGHTER OF A CHIEF WHITE HORSE.
IS IT POSSIABLE THAT FEREBY WHITLEY IS HER MOTHER?
MARTHA GATES HEBENTHAL
demolishiondoll@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.