Search for content in message boards

Elijah Bacon - Burlington CT Civil War Medal of Honor

Elijah Bacon - Burlington CT Civil War Medal of Honor

J. Longley (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2002 3:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Elijah Bacon is my GGGrandfather. Hoping someone out there has information on who his parents are. He has born in Burlington, CT in 1836 - married Angeline Shelley in 1857. Served in the 14th Connecticut Co. F. Died at the Battle of Wilderness, received the Medal of Honor at Gettysburg. Is buried in Berlin Connecticut (Maple Cemetary) next to Andrew J. and Roswell Bacon. I am at a dead end trying to find out who his parents are. Does anyone out there know??? Many thanks.

Re: Elijah Bacon - Burlington CT Civil War Medal of Honor

Posted: 28 Jun 2002 1:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
A number of Elijahs are in a Bacon genealogy file folder at the CT State Library. It is probably your family. The first Elijah, a son of Maskill Bacon and Sarah Case, was born in 1772 and married Eunice Gillett. His son Elijah was born in 1797. Your Elijah may be in this line. Good luck.
I am having the same problems getting information on a Hiram and the two Francis Bacons who I think are his ancestors but can't find proof.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.