Search for content in message boards

Henry William Bain

Henry William Bain

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: bain
Henry William Bain was born Nov, 1856 in Wisconsin, and died March 18, 1942 in Portland, Oregon. He is buried at the Mount Calvary Cemetary, Portland, Oregon. I would like an obituary and death certificate if possible. Can anyone help. I believe he is my Great Grandfather's, Charles Julius Bain's, brother.

Re: Henry William Bain

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 2:16AM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2012 2:17AM GMT
I am not sure why you posted on this board? It would be more effective to post on the Multnomah County, Oregon board, where Portland is. If you don't know the county for a city, you can always Google it.
At any rate, here is his obit

The Oregonian, March 21, 1942 Page 10

Bain- Henry W.. late of 1549 SE Hickory St. Father of Mrs. Viola Weaver, Portland; Edwin Bain, Minneapolis; Walter of Estacada, and Henry of Carlywood, Idaho. Funeral Services Saturday at 9:30 A.M. at St. Phillips Church. Arrangements in care of L.L. Bruning Mission Mortuary.

Note: Estacada is southeast of Portland.

I will be glad to look for his death certificate, it will be sometime this week.

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 3:18PM GMT
Thankyou. It was the first time I have posted a message on this site. I appreciate you looking for the death certificate.

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 7:49PM GMT
So I think found his sister Matilda Bain Christ. She is buried Mountain View Memorial Gardens, Forest Grove, Washington County, Oregon. She was born 1869 and died 12/29/1967. Is it possible to look for both death certificates in the same place. I know that Fred and Charles are brothers from Fred's obit, just trying to connect the four. I know it is a lot to ask.

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 8:51PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2012 8:52PM GMT
Christ - Matilda M., of Forest Grove; mother of John, Sam, and Albert, Mrs. Mary Strenke, and Mrs. Anna Clarke;26 grandchildren, 55 great grandchildren, 12 great great grandchildren. Funeral Services Tuesday January 2, 11 A.M. Prickett's Forest Grove Memorial Chapel. Interment Mt. View Memorial Gardens.
Oregonian, December 31, 1967 Page 18

I will be unable to get her death certificate, the archives only has them up to about 1950.

If you write to me at widdis77777(at)hotmail.com I will send Henry's to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.