Marital status: married
Cause of Death: general arteriosclerosis
Father: Henry H Boekeloo
Mother: Cornelia Neabor

Re: BOEKELOO

T.Lincoln (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2001 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Noticed your posting on the Boekeloo's -My grandmother was a Boekeloo. Have you checked out the Kalamazoo Website containing the Dutch Connection? this will link you to a Freerk Boekelo who has a site containing a lot of information on the Boekeloo's including pictures. Some of the information goes back to the early 1700's. Good site. Good luck in your search.
Posted: 10 Aug 2002 1:43AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2006 3:05PM GMT
You mention a connection to MINAR. I am searching for any information on William, Alexander, Jack, Willard, Willis, George Minar who were in Kalamazoo Co., Cooper Twp in the mid 1800's. Thank you

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2002 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Minar, Kook
I have info regarding Willis D (b. abt 1850) and Mary J. Minar's son Clifford (b. abt 1874) who was married to one of my Kook gggaunts, Nellie. They had four children, two who lived to be adults, Willis and Florence, aka Cornelia.
Posted: 10 Aug 2002 2:20AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2006 3:05PM GMT
That is a connection--Clifford was my 1st cousin, once removed. I would be excited to get any intormation you care to share about him and his descendents or ancestors. Willis was my grandfather's twin brother. Of course I will be most happy to share what information on this family that I have. Mostly I have from Christian, William, Alexander, Willard, Alex and own to the present time. Thank you for answering and for answering so quickly Pauline Minar Nottingham

Jean Harrison (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2003 3:27PM GMT
Just came across this post.
Lets see if I can reconstruct this.

Nellie (Pieternella) Kook married Clifford Minar

the two children were Willis , who married Eva Witt and
Conelia who married Ralph Wicks Wallace
Nellie was the daughter of David Kok and Cornelia Kole also spelled Kornelia Koole

David had a brother Hendrick (Henry Cook) Kok who was born 3-29-1829 in Kruiningen, Netherlands ..
(the story goes that Henry was married 13 times)
Henry was my ggrandfather.. He was married to Pauline Corstange (I have sevral spellings for that also) who is my ggrandmother. Henry was also married to Lena (Helena) Molhoek...who also was married to Augustyn Lemmers.
Augustyn Lemmers and Lena were the parents of Anthony Lemmer who married Cora Cook. Anthony and Cora are my grandparents. They had several children, the next to the youngest was Helen (Helena) who s my mother.
Cora Cook was the daughter of Henry Cook and Pauline Corstange.
I have the Cook family back to th 1500's in the Netherlands. I have Lemmers back to 1700's also in the Netherands. They all ended up in Kalamazoo.

I guess that where I am going with this is that if I can help you with any info that I have, Please ask
Jean Harrison

BOEKELOO

dick branch (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2003 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOEKELOO
I am the coordinator of the Kalamazoo County USGenWeb site.

Someone donated a collection of old Kalamazoo newspaper articles from the early 1900's to the Kalamazoo County USGenWeb site.

I noticed two that have Boekeloo names in them. One from 1922 concerns a police patrolman, David Boekeloo ( no initial given ), who stopped a fleeing criminal by firing a gun in the air.

The newspaper article is falling apart but I will quote from part that is still intact:

"Patrolman Boekeloo joined the Kalamazoo Police Force February 12,(year not legible). Some member of the Boekeloo family has for many generations borne the name of David. They have each everyone had the reputation of law abiding citizens, and this appellation, the patrolman, who has such deep regard for the statutes that he himself left the grocery business to help enforce them. He is one of the standbys of the (word missing), always there when wanted. Being a descendent of a long of tillers of the soil, Patrolman Boekeloo, when not on duty devotes his time to tending his garden... (rest missing}

Todd Lincoln (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2003 8:39PM GMT
Thank you very much for the information. I enjoy your site too!

Regards,
T.Lincoln

Posted: 7 Oct 2004 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: Lemmer
Looking for additions/corrections/connections for the following:

Descendants of August G. Lemmer

1 August G. Lemmer b: July 17, 1900 in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co., Michigan d: February 01, 1970 in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co., Michigan
.. +Wilhemina
2 Joyce Lemmer
... +Richard Brown
2 James Lemmer
2 Jean Lemmer
... +John Brooks
2 Joel Lemmer
2 Helena Lemmer
Posted: 26 Dec 2004 6:51AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2005 5:07PM GMT
August Lemmer was married to Wilhelmina Rey. August was a brother to my mother Helena.
James Lemmer married Marion Kalee.
They had four children, Douglas , Dennis, Debra, Donn.
My mother was Helena D (Helen) Lemmer Perry Wagner
11-22-1908 to 5-21-1986.
her siblings besides August (Gus) were
Pauline (Paulina) Lemmer DeVries b 12-31-1904 d 4-23-1985
Henry Lemmer m Mary
Cornelius Lemmer b 9-17, 1896 d 4-19-1975 m Cornelia
VanderSalm on 9-27-1917
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.