Search for content in message boards

Help

Streff

Kathy Spangler (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Marisa,

St. Donatus and St. catherine's, although close in proximity, are two different churches. I have a transcribed copy of the 1850 Dubuque Cty Iowa Census. In it are listed:

181/183 STROAF, Nicholas age 46 farmer born Germany

Margaret age 38 born Germany

Nicholas age 15 born Germany

Michael age 12 born Germany

Susanna age 10 born Germany

John age 8 born Germany

Mathew age 5 born Germany

Joseph age 2 born Iowa

Nicholas age 6/12 born Iowa
Perhaps this is your family. I do not find the name KOOB in the 1850. Kathy

Help

Marisa Baldwin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Streff, Koob
In Dubuque Co. There is a Church St. Catherine did it use to be St. Donatus? My G-Aunt was baptised at St. Donautus
she was born in 1864 in Prairie Spring twp. St.Donatus Jackson Co. She married the son of Nicholas Streff and Margaretha Ordremung Streff, Mary was the dtr. of John and Eva Koob. They left the town and traveled to Fredonia twp. Plymouth Co.Iowa . They are in Plymouth Co.Fredonia twp. in 1880 Cenus, so they came some time before. Any one got cenus books for census before 1880 will do lookupfor me.\\
Marisa marisa58@worldnet.att.net

John and Eva Burg Koob

Posted: 10 Jul 2002 5:38AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2003 6:41PM GMT
Surnames: Koob
Hi Marisa, I've recently started following your string of posts regarding Iowa/Minnesota Koobs. I have had previous contact with one of your relatives and came by some sources and records for your family. I AM NOT part of your Koob clan--you're all from Luxembourg; my family originated in Randersacker, Bavaria, Germany (near Wurzburg). Contact me at my e-mail for further explanation regarding my interest in your family ancestry. Kathy Spangler's post regarding 1850 US Census record for John, Sr. and Margaretha Koob family is intriguing find. I was under impression they did not emigrate Luxembourg to Jackson County, IA until 1854. My source for following is primarily the death announcement in Luxembourger Gazette of Dubuque, IA, issue dated September 26, 1893 in which death of John Koob (birth about 1830) was announced. 1. John, husband to Eva Burg Koob lived Jackson County, IA between 1854-1873. 2. According to Gazette, John and Eva removed to Marion Twp., Plymouth County, IA in 1873. 3. As mentioned in your previous posts, John/Eva and family lived in Fredonia Twp., Plymouth County, IA during 1880 US Census. Regarding their daughter Mary, I have 1. Maria Koob born to John and Eva November 24, 1868. in Prairie Springs Twp., Jackson County, IA. Note difference in birth year from what you previously posted. 2. She was baptized November 26, 1868, St. Donatus Catholic Church, St. Donatus, IA. Source for these two points: St. Donatus Church records located at Archdiocese of Dubuque, IA. Baptismal record on page 130. We need to compare more notes. I have much to catch up on that I'm unable to connect. What I've gotten previously is yours for the asking.

Re: John and Eva Burg Koob

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 7:08PM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2003 7:14PM GMT
Dear Martin,

I picked up your post on the Meiners board, and was hping you might have any info on Tobias Y Meiners who was m. to Gertrude Elzen/Elizen. They had 4 daughters and 2 sons. I have a copy of a family portrait but, only know 3 of the girls names: Mary, Aggie/Agnes, and Bertha. Mary m Ferdinand Hellmann and their first 3 children were baptized at St Donatus. Any connections in your tree? Thanks, Betty

Re: John and Eva Burg Koob

Posted: 20 Jan 2003 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2003 6:41PM GMT
Hi Betty, Not sure how my post for John and Eva Burg family ended up on Meiners surname board. I have nothing on that surname, nor do I have anything regarding Hellman surname. Will check out Meiners at next opportunity. Martin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.