Search for content in message boards

Arthur Henry Jenks 1890

Arthur Henry Jenks 1890

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jenks
Hi i am trying to find any furthur information about Arthur Henry Jenks born around 1890 Married to Nellie Florence Gilbey in Farnham Surrey 25/02/1922. I do know that he lived at 96 west end terrace Aldershot at the time of the wedding.

Thanks
Richard

Re: Arthur Henry Jenks 1890

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 7:22PM GMT
Hello Richard

There is no Arthur Henry Jenks registered anywhere around 1890, though there are a few plain Arthurs. What does the marriage certificate say about his father?

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 8:02PM GMT
Hi
Thanks for the message back to me.

All I have is the marriage certificate to work at present Arthur Henry Jenks father was a John Jenks a Gamekeeper by trade. Arthur Henry Jenks was 32 at the time of the marriage which was one 25th feb 1922 at farnham. He was married to a Nellie Florence Gilbey who was 23 at the time they married making her about birth 1899. Her address was listed as 8 church street Aldershot and her father was a Thomas Gilbey diceased (a solider).
I am trying to find these people as they are directly related to me and where my mothers real parents before she was adopted, So any help on either person would be really helpfull.

Thanks RICHARD

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: Jenks Gilbey
What are the Witness's names?
Could they be related?

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 2:39PM GMT
There is an Ellen Florence Gilbey born 1899 Aldershot
Nellie could be a short name for Ellen (that does not make sense as it is actually longer !!)

Daughter of Charlotte Gilbey who is a widow on 1901 census

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 3:09PM GMT
Hi
Thanks for your help. The Witness names on the record are as follows Alice Elliott and a Arthur (what looks like a J) and surname Lunn.

I try and search for them and see where thats gets me next..
Thanks for all your help its really needed.

Richard

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 3:11PM GMT
Thanks for the information on NELLIE Gilbey i shall go and have a look any lead at this point might help.

Thanks so much

Richard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.