Search for content in message boards

Jacob Swartz/Schwartz 1854 - 1883

Jacob Swartz/Schwartz 1854 - 1883

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 5:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swartz, Rummage, Smith
I am looking for any information pertaining to Jacob Swartz (Schwartz). He was born in PA around 1853 and died bet. 6/1880 and 1885. He had married Catherine Rummage, who married Charles Smith in 1885. In 1880, he was living in Philadelphia as a tenant in Charles Smith Sr.'s home and working as a laborer. He had 2 sons: Charles William Swartz born in 1877 and William Jacob Swartz 4/1880. Any information pertaining to Jacob and his family would be helpful. Don't hesitate to email!

Re: Jacob Swartz/Schwartz 1854 - 1883

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Swartz, Schwartz, Rummage, Smith
Still looking for some help! Jacob was born abt. 1852 and died on 11 May 1885. He had 2 sons Charles William and William Jacob. Both lived in the Philadelphia area. His wife, Catherine (Kate) Rummage remarried quickly to Charles Smith in 1885 and eventually moved to Woodbury, New Jersey.

The only possible connection that I kept running into was that his parents could have been Issac Swartz and Sarah Rouche, but they lived in Michigan!

Please HELP ME! I need to solve this mystery for my own sanity.

ANY help is appreciated!

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 4:25AM GMT
I have some information on this family. Isaac and Sarah Swartz moved to Michigan from Pennsylvania shortly after Jacob's birth. Jacob was born in 1852 in PA and the next child Eliza was born in 1853 in Michigan. Jacob was still in Michigan in 1870.

I do have more information, but it is currently packed as I moved to TN. I originally had my information in a computer program, but the computer crashed and I lost the digital information. I have paper copies, but it will take me some time to locate.

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 10:08PM GMT
Hello- I just happened upon this post and saw "Jacob and Sarah Swartz's" names. They are my 3rd Great-grandparents. I also grew up in the same area they did in Berrien County MI (Niles area. Our family pretty much stayed in this area. I would love to find out how you are related, and if you have any information about them, or if you would like any information about them (children, etc.) that I could help you with. As of now, I do not have an active account at Ancestry.com.....I may in the future. If you would like to contact me I can be reached at: sjensenwilliams@yahoo.com I look forward to your reply.

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 10:18PM GMT
Ooops! My apologies..."Isaac and Sarah Swartz" are my 3rd great-grandparents; "Jacob (their son) and Laura Swartz" are my 2nd great-grandparents. Sorry for the confusion!

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 10:28PM GMT
Hello,

I'm not sure if this will help, but "Isaac and Sarah Swartz" are my 3rd great-grandparents and lived in Berrien County, MI (where I grew up). Their son "Jacob" and his wife "Laura" (from IL) are my 2nd great-grandparents. In the 1880 US Census, he was living with Sarah and their 2 children (my great-grandfather Harry and their son Henry). I cannot find Jacob anywhere (or Henry)after 1900; and I do know that Laura remarried. I just don't know if Jacob died, or if he just ran off (maybe to PA!)Not sure if this helps, but feel free to contact me if you have any questions. My email is:sjensenwilliams@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.