Search for content in message boards

O'Brien married to Dwyer in 1870's

O'Brien married to Dwyer in 1870's

Thomas Primiano (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2002 7:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Brien, Dwyer
I'm searching for info on my maternal great-grandmother. She was born in South Tipperary with the surname Dwyer. She was born in the 1860s. She married an O'Brien in the 1870s.

Re: O'Brien married to Dwyer in 1870's

Denise Quinn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2002 9:07PM GMT
Thomas, my husband's O'Brien/Dwyer line is a little earlier than yours, but this is what we have.
Thomas O'Brien was born to Thomas O'Brien and Mary Ryan about 1814 at Glassdrum, Cappawhite, Tipperary. His parents were married at Anacarthy, Co Tipperary on 3 February 1813.
Thomas, born 1814, married in 1853 at Knockavilla, Tipperary to Ellen (or Eleanora) Dwyer (O'Dwyer). Ellen was the daughter of Patrick and Johanna Dwyer. Patrick's occupation was a cooper.
In 1862 Thomas and Ellen and children Bridget 8 years and Johanna 5 years sailed on the Ship "Theresa" for Australia. Family lore says Thomas was a widower prior to his marriage to Ellen. Also it has been written that Ellen wanted to come to her brothers in Australia. Regards Denise

thomas primiano (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 6:37PM GMT
Thanks for the info. Perhaps either Thomas O'Brien or Patrick Dwyer are my ancestors!! I an actively checking this, but need to go tho Dublin to find out.
Cheers.

Posted: 8 Dec 2002 10:09AM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2002 6:36AM GMT
Ihave a John and Johanna Dwyer immigrating from Ireland via the ship Maitland to Tasmania 1854-- settling in the Westbury area and then Latrobe. Apparently her maiden name was Burke. They had 12 children and many years after her husband died she married my g.g.grandfather Henry Cook who was previously married to Honora O'Brien.
Marilyn Sheehan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.