Search for content in message boards

Looking for Winter's of Ontario

Looking for Winter's of Ontario

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 1:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Winter
I am having a hard time gathering information...

my grandfather was John Solomon Winter of Simcoe born 1914 died 1973. I dont have a clue where to begin or whom his father is... if you are related somehow please help me out..

John Married Laura Belle Cyre in Ontario they had 10 children 9 girls and 1 son..

I am related to John, so look forward to a reply.

Re: Looking for Winter's of Ontario

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 7:33PM GMT
There were two separate Winter families living in the Simcoe, Norfolk Co. Ontario, area.
My ancestors were the William & Esther Place Winter line. The other was Emmanual Winter. I have never been able to make a connection. if i can be of further help, let me know.
Al Winters ( the s was added by later generations, although most just use Winter)

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 7:41PM GMT
hey there, thanks for the reply, does the names ring a bell to you... any help would be appreciated...

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 8:03PM GMT
John was a common first name used by the Winter clan. I have 11 John Winter's but I don't have one listed with the middle name of Solomon or born 1914. Nor do I have a Laura Belle Cyre. Most of my ancestors left Ontario in the 1850's and moved to MI. I don't have all the descendants of those who stayed. Sorry, wish I could of been more help.
Al

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 9:29PM GMT
that sucks, but thanks for the replies anyway,.

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 12:45AM GMT
heey i'm related to William & Esther Place Winter

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 12:48AM GMT
heey i have a friend whos related to a John Solomon Winter his name is Marshall TRAKALO i could ask him for you or i could ask Marshall Winter since thats his dad

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 7:18PM GMT
I have viewed your Winter's data and have not been able to connect my line with yours. I have traced my ancestry back to William Winter born 1798 in Lower Canada. He and wife moved from Canada to Michigan USA between 1865 and 1870 to live with my great grandfather Charles Wesley Winter. He moved back to Canada, without Esther, where he died 1882 in Walsingham Twp. Norfolk Co., Ontario. He married Esther Ann Place about 1819. She was born 1802 in Osnabruck, Stormont Co., Ontario and died 1885 in Plainfield Twp., Kent Co., Michigan. They had 13 children of which a son Richard H. Winter married a Catherine Mabee in 1855. She was born in 1833 in Middleton Twp, Ontario.

If you have other data that connects our lines please contact me at ddoug39@comcast.net.

Don Douglas -- Nashville, Tennessee

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 10:04PM GMT
oh will Catherine Mabee is related as will but William and Esther daughter name Hannah Jane Winter who married John Shoup they had a son name Aaron Levi Shoup who married Eliza Ann Feere had a daughter name Annie Eliza Shoup who married Walter C Armstrong had a daughter name Eliza Helen Armstrong who married Donald Clarke McDowell had a daughter name Lorraine Armstrong married George Mabee had a son name Wayne Mabee who married Rosalie Jean Myke had a son name Walter Wayne Gary Mabee which is me

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 3:22AM GMT
i do have a john winter in my tree who is prolly born about 1914 his father name was Frederick Winter & Janet Landors
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.